Level 3 Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

would the stunt at 0:50 be legal for level 3? The backspot and flyer would hold hands the whole time.

I'm only commenting on the flip to loading position. If you are asking about more of the stunt sequence please let me know.

Illegal in L3 as performed. If the flyer-top connection remains at shoulder level or below it would be legal.

K. L3 Stunts–Inversions
1. No inverted stunts above shoulder level. The connection and support of the top person with the base(s) must be
at shoulder level or below.
Exception: Multi base suspended forward roll dismounts to a cradle or the performing surface are allowed. Multi base suspended forward rolls must be supported by two hands. Both hands of the top person must be connected to a separate hand of the base(s).

So as long as the flyer connects with the backspot at shoulder level, it would be legal? Correct?

So as long as the flyer connects with the backspot at shoulder level, it would be legal? Correct?

As long as the connection remains at shoulder level or below it would be legal.

I don't think you were going for a play on words, but I'd rather be clear. Making the connection at shoulder level or below, but moving the connection above shoulder level during the skill would be illegal.

We do a similar stunt going from flat back and back flipping to sponge and the hand connection with the back spot generally stays below the back spots eyes, which to my understanding passes the translation of shoulder level
The glossary just gives us

Shoulder Stand Level
A stunt in which the top person’s hips are at the same height they would be if in a shoulder stand. (Clarification: If the primary bases squat, go to their knees or drop the overall height of the stunt and extend their arms, the stunt would NOT be shoulder stand level, but rather extended.

And

Prep-Level
The height of the bases hands and at least one foot of the top person are at shoulder level (also known as shoulder-height). Chairs, torches, flatbacks, arm-n-arms and straddle lifts will be considered prep level stunts.

We do a similar stunt going from flat back and back flipping to sponge and the hand connection with the back spot generally stays below the back spots eyes, which to my understanding passes the translation of shoulder level

I don't think you'd get called on it if the back's hands stay below the eyes, but the rule is shoulders.

@Andre What are your thoughts on this, at 1:55, They are extended and inverted, but its going into a pyramid.

I would say legal at 3 since its within the pyramid section, which should make it a pyramid transition and you are allowed to extend in pyramid inversions as long as you begin and end at prep or below.

@Andre What are your thoughts on this, at 1:55, They are extended and inverted, but its going into a pyramid.

I would say legal at 3 since its within the pyramid section, which should make it a pyramid transition and you are allowed to extend in pyramid inversions as long as you begin and end at prep or below.

It's not a pyramid until it's connected. Just as tumbling during the pyramid section doesn't make the tumbling fall under pyramid rules, stunting during the pyramid section wouldn't cause the stunts to fall under pyramid rules.

It's not a pyramid until it's connected. Just as tumbling during the pyramid section doesn't make the tumbling fall under pyramid rules, stunting during the pyramid section wouldn't cause the stunts to fall under pyramid rules.
Given a video of our pyramid transition(thrown to another group while holding a base's hands) which is quite similar to this and the transition in sr elites, les said it was "very obviously" a pyramid transition

I am lost. What makes something a pyramid IYO?

A stunt connected to something that's not part of that stunt, such as another stunt or a person.

So the thing that Cali did is really a stunt, not part of the pyramid?

Given a video of our pyramid transition(thrown to another group while holding a base's hands) which is quite similar to this and the transition in sr elites, les said it was "very obviously" a pyramid transition

Will you post or send me that video ([email protected]).

If it's a stunt it's illegal under L3 Stunt K1.

In order to make it a pyramid the back person that braces the inversion cannot be considered part of the outside stunt and that would make it illegal under L3 pyramids E3.

Back