Level 3 Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm on a lvl 5 team and lvl 3 and my pass was a punch front, front roll, ro, bhs, tuck and it's honestly harder to do than my punch front through double so I thought that would get us great points and so didn't my coach but we just found out that a front walkover, ro, series to a tuck is worth more points! Hope this helps! :)

Hm is this applicable in general or with a specific company? The way I see it, a fhs ro hand tuck is a longer line, in terms of connection than a punch front forward roll ro hand tuck, but the latter of the two actually has two level 3 components in it, whereas the initial line is level 2 except for the addition of the tuck.

Interesting!

what pass would get more points or be scored higher
a fast very well excuted ro bhs,bhs.bhs tuck
or a nice ro,bhs,bhs, stepout bhs,bhs tuck

or anything else?? up for suggestions
There's two answers to this coming from a judges standpoint. You'll get the "dicfficulty points" from the specialty pass #2. But you'll take off execution points if it's not well done. Most judges like to see cleanly executed over difficult and sloppy but you do need some specialty to get the score.

For me, I would need to see a video, to truly answer this question. Also, it depends on the context of the routine in some ways.

How well does the pass flow with the rest of the routine?

Is there is a majority throwing specialty skills, to add more difficulty points. Or is there just one person, distracting me from other athletes skills, trying to a sneak in a higher execution score by hiding other (not so good) tumblers.

But referring only to the question asked... I personally would like to see option 2.

Oh well yeah, I figured when you said step out you meant you added a half turn to ro between. Yeah what you described without the turn would be considered a standing tumbling skill to tuck, which would make it illegal for level 3.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

This is not legal at level three. Front tucks can't go directly into another tumbling skill.

You can go punch front into a pass but there needs to be a break, a forward roll, or a defined hurdle between the two skills

Back