Level 4 Coed Dismount

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 5, 2012
In level 4 during an unassisted 1 man extension, is it legal to do a full down off the front rather than catching in cradle position?

Hi there, I think the answer is in LEVEL 4 DISMOUNTS:
C. Dismounts to the performing surface, from above waist level, from stunts and pyramids must be assisted by an original base. Bases may not intentionally pop, move or toss an athlete to the performance surface without assistance. Straight drops or small hop offs, with no additional skills, from waist level or below are the only dismounts allowed to the performing surface that do not require assistance.
Clarification: An individual may not land on the performing surface from above waist level without assistance.

D. Up to a 2-¼ twisting rotations allowed from all two leg stunts. Twisting from a platform position may not exceed 1-¼ rotation. Platform is not considered a two leg stunt. There are specific exceptions given for the platform body position at Level 4 Stunts Twisting Mounts and Transitions only.

I did not found an specific rule about how the dismounts must be caught or if the rules change if is a Coed or AllGirl team.
I´m not a safety judge but hope this can help.

For a single based extension you need to have the original base plus a spotter catch any cradle.

If you are just popping off. You don't need a spotter.

The rules for dismounts are based on how you are coming down not what trick you do.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back