Level 4 Pyramid (transition/dismount)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They did an attached kick full type of thing, so with a single twist. Perhaps level four will allow the second twist.

Send it to Les.

I would call it illegal under Stunts C1 because it twists more than 1.5. It can't count as a cradle because a cradle requires a release from the bases. The reason I say send it to Les is because he overturned a call I made on something similar, but I didn't have time to get a reason from him. (For some reason coaches get mad when judges are on the phone on the judges stand).

A flatback at that level is a below prep level stunt.
That's where I would have went with this also.

So if that connection at the foot is another flyer, does that mean there was a full release from bases? Therefore considered a cradle?

If so, legal???

So if that connection at the foot is another flyer, does that mean there was a full release from bases? Therefore considered a cradle?

If so, legal???
I think when he said cradle it means it isn't a dismount. This is a transition. Transitions are limited to 1.5 rotations.

Ok next hypothetical...

There is no connection at all... Is this prep level flat back allowed to double down? With her leg raised?

Ok next hypothetical...

There is no connection at all... Is this prep level flat back allowed to double down? With her leg raised?

No (or at least probably not). The definition of a 2 leg stunt says feet are in the hands of the bases and L4 says you can only double from a 2 leg stunt.

I think when he said cradle it means it isn't a dismount. This is a transition. Transitions are limited to 1.5 rotations.

imrichhowboutu is right about what I meant. Since it didn't meet the definition of a cradle it can't be counted as a dismount, therefore it's limited to 1.5.

If the only person holding on to the twisting flyer is also a flyer it can count as a dismount if it's caught in a cradle. I won't say it's legal without seeing a video, but I can picture legal version of it in my head.

That helps... Thanks Andre, I'll work with these kids and maybe later in our season we can upgrade and show a video of the skill....

Back