OT Long Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i know they say it's safe, but still please, please, please just be careful with that kind of stuff. too much of anything can still be a bad thing.
Just to add, none of these vitamins have been tested together so they could not mix well together!
I'm just going to stick with that one a day that was recommended just because its a well reputable brand unlike some of the herbal stuff.

I don't know about Multi-Vitamins, BUT i take Biotin and that's recommended to grow hair, nails and help skin! So that could be an alternative to prenatal vitamins

I don't know about Multi-Vitamins, BUT i take Biotin and that's recommended to grow hair, nails and help skin! So that could be an alternative to prenatal vitamins

that was the thing at school.... just please be careful. i know people think if its a vitamin, it can't be bad, but like i said, even too much of a good thing can be bad.

My hair isn't as long as yours, about mid/lowed back but i always have to pin the front of my hair up out o my face and the rest is in a high pony. It sometimes gets in the way when tumbling/flying and my backs have been whipped by my hair a few times, so they sometimes make me put it in a bun for them but it never stays in. I recently got layers put in my hair that when it's tied up it's shorter, which helps. I could never get my hair cut short, always been well past my shoulders.

Some of you guys are crazy. I know long hair is pretty but when people tell me they wish they had my hair I tell them no they don't. It is really hard to take care of. It is heavy, makes you hott, and you have to buy expensive products to keep it really healthy. Im not cutting mine because my hair is just who I am but unless you are ready to have super long hair, don't try to grow it out. haha.

Becareful. My daughter has really long hair like yours. When doing a front walkover (of all things one of her easier tumbling skills) her hair fell out of the bun, got under her hand, and when she stood up from the backbend part of the fw it ripped out a chuck of her hair. It happened really fast, but it was a big chuck. :(

My CP has hair past the middle of her back and she wears her hair in a high pony or a bun for practice and she has someone braid it in a fishtail braid for competitions-where the braid is started at the back of her head and is braided up towards the top of her head and this tends to make it so she has less hair. She then has a shorter pony to deal with at the top of her head-approx 6-8 inches of pony versus 20-24 inches. Then she just has a pouf in the front so she doesn't look bald with her going from all that hair to drastically so little hair. (I think it is called a fishtail braid-but it looks neater and she has less worries about tumbling and whipping someone with it!)

Becareful. My daughter has really long hair like yours. When doing a front walkover (of all things one of her easier tumbling skills) her hair fell out of the bun, got under her hand, and when she stood up from the backbend part of the fw it ripped out a chuck of her hair. It happened really fast, but it was a big chuck. :(
I've done something like that. Coming up from a bridge my hair was under my hands and it pulled a few strands out. Thank god it wasn't a chunk though.

My CP has hair past the middle of her back and she wears her hair in a high pony or a bun for practice and she has someone braid it in a fishtail braid for competitions-where the braid is started at the back of her head and is braided up towards the top of her head and this tends to make it so she has less hair. She then has a shorter pony to deal with at the top of her head-approx 6-8 inches of pony versus 20-24 inches. Then she just has a pouf in the front so she doesn't look bald with her going from all that hair to drastically so little hair. (I think it is called a fishtail braid-but it looks neater and she has less worries about tumbling and whipping someone with it!)
Do you mean french braid?
If so, my high school does this to all girls with longer hair to comply with the state regulations and it really works. I also think it gives a little more volume to the pony as well

Has anyone ever tried the Hair, skin and nails vitamins? I bought them the other day after reading this thread. My hair is really long. Its probably about 6 inches longer than it was in my profile pic <----. The vitamins are making me very sick to my stomach. I dont know if its because I dont have enough food in my body. Has anyone had any luck with these?

wcsstilldeath said:
Has anyone ever tried the Hair, skin and nails vitamins? I bought them the other day after reading this thread. My hair is really long. Its probably about 6 inches longer than it was in my profile pic <----. The vitamins are making me very sick to my stomach. I dont know if its because I dont have enough food in my body. Has anyone had any luck with these?

Same thing happened with me! I was extremely nauseous for a good hour after taking them. Make sure you take them on a full stomach! I had to stop taking them bc the nauseous feeling was not worth it too me.

so, i went to school for cosmetology and also for esthetics (skin care) and the one thing i know is wonderful to take for healthy, quick nail and hair growth as well as good skin is prenatal vitamins...of course some people will probably feel weird about taking them when they clearly aren't pregnant lol...but they do work very well! try them out :)

Do you mean french braid?
If so, my high school does this to all girls with longer hair to comply with the state regulations and it really works. I also think it gives a little more volume to the pony as well

It is a french braid but some of the girls call it fish tail. You just bend over and they braid it from the back of the head to the top of the head and then stop once they are at the top or close to it and put the rest of the hair into a pony. It looks really cool and it is a neat way to keep the hair upon the top of the head and it makes it so there's less hair hanging down to get in the way of tumbling and stunting :)

Fish tails and french braids are different:

fish tail:
LongFishtailB250.jpg

Back