OT Long Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 31, 2011
Alrighty, so I have long hair. I mean really long, down to my butt, 27 inches of hair.
24cxqnm.jpg

dlrhb4.jpg

And I was wondering, are there any other girls with really long hair out here? How do you deal with it for comp? Does it get in your way at practice? Do people constantly pester you to cut it?

thought id say: one your pretty! and two, i LOVEE your hairr;D

my best friend, she had VERY long hair too. it may not be the "cutest" look, but, put it in a pony, then wrap it around so i gets in a bun and put a few hair ties. and make sure its pretty high up on your head.

or braid it! my friends get a little shorter but she always accidentally whips other people with it! so..haha!!

also, put it in a bun and like do the bun more towards the back so it appears to look like its in a ponytail but its like a huge loop.

my friend got hers cut a little shorter, she got 6 inches off, hers was at 26 and 1/2 or so....so she said that it helped and it was still long. but her hair would really bother her during practice. and if your hair is naturally curly, leave it!!!! dont straighten because...it makes it longer!

hope that helps:)

I had super long hair all through high school while I was cheering, and it was about the same length as yours. During practice, I had to mess with it a million times, and it would never stay up. I hated braiding it, but it really was the best option if you need it out of your face. Mostly I just had messy buns though.
At competition, we did curled pony tails, but mine was so long it would get stuck in my lipstick and whip me in the face. I usually ended up curling it (hours and hours of foam curlers and hair spray-yikes) but then would put it in a bun type thing. It was so long that it looked like a big curly ponytail on the floor, which fit in with everyone and stayed out of my face.

my hair is pretty long (midback) but definitely not as long as yours! i normally wear mine in a poof/ponytail, but this year im on a coed team, and my coach said we will wear our hair half up/half down...greattttt. haha

What kinds do you suggest?

Well I take a One-A-Day teen advantage or something like that, it's a multivitamin, it's in a white bottle with a pink cap. But if you really want to grow your hair fast, take prenatal vitamins. They're safe to take even if you're not pregnant, and will make your hair and nails grow like crazy!

@peytonnmariee and@ccchampsbridget- Thank you!
@joytomylifex For comps we used to wear half up curls. I would wear mine in a regular pony (and it was still longer than some girls) but I definately feel your roller pain
@cheeeeer93 It's taken me my whole life to get it this long, but I think Keratin is the one that's good for your hair

Well I take a One-A-Day teen advantage or something like that, it's a multivitamin, it's in a white bottle with a pink cap. But if you really want to grow your hair fast, take prenatal vitamins. They're safe to take even if you're not pregnant, and will make your hair and nails grow like crazy!
I'll try that!

I sure do! For practice I put mine in a super high pony tail on the very top of my head and I always wear a bow. It gets in my way sometimes but I couldnt not have it. People on my team ALWAYS tell me to cut it. But they are just secretly jealous they can't grow it as long. ;) I wear my hair the same way I wear it to comps at practice that way I know exactly how it will move and do during the routines. My coaches sometimes think my hair isnt up because when its that high it still reaches my elbows, but I think it looks good on me. You'll always have someone saying its beautiful and some saying its way too long. Just keep it how you want it. :)

i know they say it's safe, but still please, please, please just be careful with that kind of stuff. too much of anything can still be a bad thing.

Back