All-Star Macc Nationals Wildwood March 10/11 Who's Going?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When we questioned our 2's in execution, we were told that was the division average. So did we execute as well (or as bad) as our division or are they just counting skills to make sure you hit the rubric and just giving everyone the same execution score.

The wording for baskets is incorrect. Top range would be team straight rides, then at least one other straight ride some place else.

As for the 2s in execution, I thought I was the lowest execution judge they have. This is how I view execution and how I told others that have judged for them as well.
0-1.5 below average. 2-3.5 average. 4-5 above average. In my mind, most level 2 teams would fall in the average category unless flexibility was off the charts and there weren't any bent knees in stunts.

With my J2 for example, our first sequence is 6 stunts, 5 of which are based by 2. They have in the sequence a front stretch, heel stretch, kick up scorp, scale, arab, wrap around to front, pull up front stretch, bow and arrow, and free stretch. All with what I consider above average flexibility. The stunt is difficult given the amount of bases, body control and positioning. This is the only scoresheet that it doesn't max on...in difficulty or execution. We got 2's on our execution, whereas on varsity for example the lowest execution I got all season was a .9 That stunt is significantly harder than a team that puts up 6 libs, but on this scoresheet they are equal. That's where my issue is. I understand wanting transitional stunts, entries and dismounts, but body positions, number of stunts and flexibility should also play a part and I'm not seeing it.

Flexibility is counted on this score sheet and you need it to max in difficulty.

As for the transitions, this is where this score sheet is harder. Jamfest made Level 1 and 2 entries as going straight up and straight down. So you are getting LDT scores for just getting into a stunt. Also they group Dismounts with transitions and load ins, where Spirit brands has it separate.

Congratulations NJ Coach on your bid!

Yes congrats JAS!! My daughter and I was chilling up in the JAS section on day2 for a little while. We were trying to find a good spot but away from people because she had her 8 month old son and we didn't want to distract anyone while they was watching the performance and we realized after a JAS team came up and sat down that we was in your section! Great group and as mentioned before its one of our favorite unis!!

Hi everyone this is Miranda's coach. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. We were with her in the emergency room, she has a break of her tibia and fibula (both bones were through the skin). We've been her coach since she started back handsprings and this was just a crazy freak accident on a full that has gone thousands of times. It was definitely very scary and the fierce 5 team and coaches truly thank everyone who helped out or even just offered some nice words.
We'll be exhibitioning tomorrow because Miranda said we HAVE to. Shes got a long road ahead so please continue the prayers. Thanks again

I was standing right on the side Im from The Jersey side of spirit explosion and i cried becasue i felt bad for y'all. I did see Miranda at the comp at temple(not good at remembering comps) but i saw her and i :cheering:
was so happy to see her!! shes a fighter we all love her <3

Back