All-Star Maddies New Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would rather see this posted as "Maddie's stunt group " new stunt...although she is absolutely beautiful as a flyer. My girls a base ... The girls holding her up are just as amazing <3

Thanks for saying it! I appreciate that Maddie is amazing in the air, but the air doesn't happen without the people underneath her and I always feel bad that in the media frenzy no one ever seems to remember about them. They have to be just as skilled to pull that stunt off as well. My daughter got taken out 4 different times last night learning new stunts with a flyer that was new to the stunt sequence as well. Blood, sweat and tears (literally) but that flyer never hit the floor, even though my daughter did. She never complained, (even when she had a tooth knocked out this year) because she gets that it's about the stunt hitting and its not about her.....but I think its just as much about her as her flyer (even though she doesn't believe that). Maddie's bases are amazing and I hope they are reminded of that on a frequent basis...even though (my guess is) they won't believe it either.

I agree with dawn. Yes she is a good flyer but she wouldn't be up in the air without her amazing bases. And yes we call our stunts groups by our flyers names too but our coaches also acknowledge us (the bases) as well....
It's just a thread name though... I mean really. I just don't get why people are complaining that the bases aren't acknowledged. Neither is Maddie. This really wasn't supposed to be a discussion over who is recognized and who isn't. It was supposed to be about whether you like the stunt or not. Besides, nobody is going to title a thread "Maddie's stunt group's new stunt?" It's just easier to name the flyer. Not trying to start anything, but I honestly bet if it were anyone else there would be no problem.

But back on topic. I really like it, it's like a signature stunt. It's her last year, why not do something that she was the first person to do? But only keep it if it hits consistently.

remember when erica on Orange did a 1.5 up and she was the only one on orange doing it and they said it wouldn't increase their score because not everyone did it...or at least that was the verdict on here a while ago...does the same thing apply to this?
AND...PS...instead of a letter, i think a video like this would of been better to make a Statement...except do something else we know you can do this stunt already.

I think "highlight stunts" by ONE group is impressive in the sense that it would add to the "Overall Impression" or Creativity. As far as being bored of the Ball Up 360 - I am not. I love watching it! Maddie does it with such grace. Im surprised more people aren't attempting it?

UltimateRudags said:
Maddie does it with such grace.

GRACE! That's what I was searching for when I said "Her toe is permanently pointed". It was a ballerina thought in my mind.

remember when erica on Orange did a 1.5 up and she was the only one on orange doing it and they said it wouldn't increase their score because not everyone did it...or at least that was the verdict on here a while ago...does the same thing apply to this?
AND...PS...instead of a letter, i think a video like this would of been better to make a Statement...except do something else we know you can do this stunt already.
I had that same thought. I'm a huge Maddie fan and this stunt took my breath away. But... I don't see how it makes sense to put just one group in doing this. Seems like too much risk for too little reward to me.

It's just a thread name though... I mean really. I just don't get why people are complaining that the bases aren't acknowledged. Neither is Maddie. This really wasn't supposed to be a discussion over who is recognized and who isn't. It was supposed to be about whether you like the stunt or not. Besides, nobody is going to title a thread "Maddie's stunt group's new stunt?" It's just easier to name the flyer. Not trying to start anything, but I honestly bet if it were anyone else there would be no problem.

Well you clearly have started something because no one else said anything about our post but you so yes you have kinda started something. We didnt say anything but our opinions and if you dont like them then dont read them.

EVERYONE in that stunt group is amazing, maddie is such a pretty flyer and her bases are amazing too! dont hate on maddie for getting all the spotlight but dont forget to acknowledge her bases either! cheerleading is a TEAM effort!!
So true, but if she falls, do the bases get all the hate on here, or does Maddie?

It takes an entire stunt group to hit a hard stunt like this. But how many hard stunts do you see and the flyer isn't as graceful? Maddie's a beautiful flyer, the bases are beast = perfect stunt.

Alright, let's settle this:
Flyers wouldn't be in the air without bases/backs, and bases/backs just stand there awkwardly if they have nobody to put up. Rainbows and cookies and let's make everyone feel all sparkly and special. The End.

MOVING ON. It's not just the ballup 360 to immediate heel stretch. It's adding it into the immediate full-around lib that makes it rad. And like somebody said, if they were so easy, wouldn't everyone do them? And just because someone does it doesn't mean it's done well.

PS- Gymnastics names elements after gymnasts. Yes that is an individual sport, but I'm just saying..

So true, but if she falls, do the bases get all the hate on here, or does Maddie?

It takes an entire stunt group to hit a hard stunt like this. But how many hard stunts do you see and the flyer isn't as graceful? Maddie's a beautiful flyer, the bases are beast = perfect stunt.
Yea I've always wondered why people say "Maddie fell." her whole stunt group messed up. You can't blame a fall totally on the flyer

Back