Major Help Needed!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 3, 2011
I have a team of 8 girls and we hold our own on the floor! We've maxed out our score sheets and have been having an amazing competition season! We have sectionals next weekend, which determines if we go to state or not (it's a HS team) and was just informed one of my girls is ineligable to compete due to poor grades. We now have 8 days to redo our entire routine! I can handle everything, except for pyramid!

Please someone give me ideas for a 7 person pyramid that will max out our score sheets! I am at a total loss for ideas right now (I blame the stress!). HELP!!

my first season coaching all stars i had 6 girls, i had a shoulder sit and a prep which was enough for a very basic pyramid. i just put them both up and had my prep hitch to the outside while holding hands on the other, and then spun the entire thing around.

I don't know HS rules and regs but can you do some creative level changes and dismount/mounts. The thing we have been doing with a couple of stunt groups:
Load in group 2 leapfrog to group 1 cradle (BS group 1 maintains hand contact with flyer), sponge, half up to prep or ext, sponge, 180 turn in the stunt group, press to ext, lib hitch.
After the leapfrog, group 2 loads new flyer, show n go, prep, hold lib hitch from group 1.

I hope this makes sense, if not PM me and I'll try and explain more.

I hate when people have bad grades and have to sit out! Maybe instead of redoing everything you could pull someone up from JV, if that is possible.

There is a wide range of levels/rules for high school, so I'm not sure what would max out at your particular competition or what the abilities of your team are. Here's some general ideas for you to adjust to fit your teams needs and competition rules.

Possibilities include:
-one full stunt group (4 ppl) and one two man or backless prep(3 ppl)
- one two man (3 ppl) and two shoulder sits or two single based shoulder stands (2 ppl each)
- two two mans (6ppl) and an extra (1)

Ideas:
The leapfrog is a great idea to start off a pyramid.... full group in back with 2 bases and back to catch the leap in front (middle part of this pyramid at the beginning:
).

An option from here is to do a single based non flipping release if it is legal in your rules such as this at 1:43 ()
or this at 1:46 (http://www.youtube.com/user/AsianTumble10#p/u/4/lZGVKWIw3d4)
with the back group as either a backless prep or a shoulder stand with a backspot. The shoulder stand with the backspot as a brace would be more stable imo. If a release is not legal, then 360 show and go or 360 to prep would also have a similar eye drawing effect. Then whichever stunt was the full 4 ppl group would go into an extended one leg and connect.

Another possible part of a pyramid if your team is capable could be similar to the first part of the pyramid build on this video at 1:11 with the exception that the 2 sides would go up first (6ppl/3 each) and then the middle would be another 2 man (3ppl instead of the 4 this team uses)

Add however many half ups/downs, full ups/downs , tick tocks/switching feet/whatever to max out if needed or piece any of the ideas above in whichever way you like for your team.

Hope that helps the creative juices flow some.

Back