All-Star Making A Comeback After Significant Weight Gain?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah, there's type 1; the kind you're born with and it's usually more difficult to manage, usually causes more serious health problems and type 2; the kind that's acquired, usually as an adult, due to a combination of genetics and eating habits. Type 1 requires insulin and sometimes type 2 can depending in the severity. Really good nutrition and exercise can help circumvent type 2 (or at least the severity of it), but it can't circumvent type 1...although it's still crucial for type 1 diabetics to eat a certain way.

Sorry for correcting, but i just wanted to make this clear. Type 1 Diabetes, you aren't born with at all. There is absolutley no form of Diabetes that you are born with. You can be born with the gene. Type 1 is by an un-known cause, no one knows for sure. I have it.
:)

a diabetic "diet" (I don't like using the word diet bc I prefer eating healthy and exercising to be called and considered a lifestyle choice) can actually be beneficial for the rest of the population too.

Here's some helpful information regarding diabetes...I understand what you mean about people not being "born" with it...it's an expression used to help differentiate between the two types, bc type 2 is preventable and type 1 is usually acquired (or acknowledged as a child. However, although rare, you can technically be born with it and/or it occurs during the first six months of life (I provided some reliable links for you to look over, the first one being about the rare form of diabetes occurring within the first 6 months of life). While I'm sure (mostly due to cost with regards to testing, etc) most people aren't sure how they acquired type 1, there are actually many known causes that can be determined through tests (reference 2), however many people with type 1 diabetes don't know how they specifically acquired it...but it can be determined. I thought maybe you'd like the helpful references :)
http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/mody/
http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/overview/

I agree w/you regarding the word "diet". I think it's an ugly word myself and I much prefer calling it a lifestyle choice. :) I never use the word "diet" unless I'm specifically referring to a type of diet for a point of reference. I don't personally use the phrase, "I'm dieting, going on a diet, doing "this" diet", etc. And I completely agree that most people could benefit from diabetic "diet". I think it can be crucial in prevention for type 2, especially if it runs in your family. :)

cool gene study I found...thought maybe you'd be interested.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1667/

Do you require insulin, meds, or both? (or just one)?

Ok, so I read this a few months ago and kinda laughed, but then I got a facebook invitation the other night to come practice w/ my old gym's new IOC5 team... it was death. I'm mental as all living sin and was sweating after a few toe backs. AHH!

Ok, so I read this a few months ago and kinda laughed, but then I got a facebook invitation the other night to come practice w/ my old gym's new IOC5 team... it was death. I'm mental as all living sin and was sweating after a few toe backs. AHH!

I started demonstrating Level 1 skills in my classes.... I did a front limber and it felt like I broke my back lmao

I started demonstrating Level 1 skills in my classes.... I did a front limber and it felt like I broke my back lmao

ouchhh. i hope you are okay!

how is everyone else doing? any great progress to share?

i've lost 30 pounds and hope to lose about 15 more. too bad i hit a dang plateau. arghhhh!

Not so much progress, but I'm committing to working out more (it's been hard 'cause I first-degree sunburned my back so I couldn't move for 5 days)..and I think I'm at about a foot away from all of my splits..not bad for a girl with old-lady hips!!

Dieing at open practice might be progress. maybe. i just got a 8 tubes of blood taken thursday and another 8 on friday because they think I have a thyroid issue (aka why I have gained so much weight, and why I am having other issues) so we will see how it goes. I am deff. not as sore this week as I was the other weeks buttt I am also terrified to tumble so we will see how this pans out.

Back