(3) toss to hands press to extension
(2) pike arch tosses
(1) toe arch toss
(4) paper doll lib
(10) one to full
(13) standing fulls
(13) two to double
Standing tumbling total: 36 (Plus 30 for jump to tuck) = 66
High range. Everyone does a jump/tumbling combination in the jump section and at least one standing to twisting pass.

Stunt Section
(7) Full up to immediate bow, lib, tick tock to lib, tick tock to scorp, backwards inversion dismount thing(?), reload to handstand, dip to extension, stretch, arabesque, double down.
They should score in the high range because everyone participates in 3 elite skills (fullup to immediate, release move from prep or above to extended, and inversion to extended position) and 1 level dismount (double down)

Jumps
(30) Pike, right front, double toe, tuck. Mostly hyperextended
No surprise they score in the high range. Everyone does quad jump. ALSO INCLUDED IN STANDING TUMBLING FOR JUMP TO TUCK!

Tosses
(7) Kick doubles
Low range. Majority participates and they need more specialty

Running tumbling
(4) Arabian to double. 2 of which are synched.
(4) Punchfront through to double
(1) Fronthandspring, punch front, to full
(12) RO BHS BHS Full
(3) RO BHS BHS Double
(1) One and a half to double, whip, double
Running tumbling total: 25
Probably in the medium to high range since most of their passes are specialty, to double or both except for the 12 girls across the mat to full.

Pyramid
First structure: (3) braced preps with (4) L-stands extended behind them "resting" on the preps
(1) back layout to stomach
(2) front flip to cradle
(4) twisting tucks(?) to scrunch
Second structure: (4) preps holding (4) hitches
Dismount: (4) hitches single down, (4) preps come straight down.
They will score in the medium to high range because they only hit two structures but have 3 level appropriate transitions.

Dance
High energy, various formation changes from spread out to close together, lots of levels.
Fun, entertaining, and variety that will put them in the high range.

Yes, this is happening.

I am currently working on orange so that should be up fairly soon if someone wants to do other teams. I am also adding objective comparisons to what is considered 'maxing out' through: http://register.varsity.com/VAS/VAS%20Master%20Document.pdf
thank you for making this thread :) i'm so glad that someone start to do real action before video's thread is hijacked by a lot of medium senior's stuff and comment :D

For me, Orange is ahead of the pack.
But, Rays generally put out routines and they don't usually change that much throughout the year (not that they necessarily need to). I would say FCA, Super Seniors and Swooshcats, are the biggest threats. However, I expect Aces to kill it again at worlds. I love me some Aces, just not a fan of the current routine, which truly kills me to say.

But, Rays generally put out routines and they don't usually change that much throughout the year (not that they necessarily need to). I would say FCA, Super Seniors and Swooshcats, are the biggest threats. However, I expect Aces to kill it again at worlds. I love me some Aces, just not a fan of the current routine, which truly kills me to say.
I'm doing aces routine right now. The only thing I can see Orange increasing is their pyramid and hopefully adding some specialty tosses since that shouldn't be too big of a change.

I liked that you added the comparisons to the score sheet and show what would be maxing out and what not! Thank you! :)

I really agree with this! And I really love Aces too, and I have a love/hate relationship with their routine this year, so I'm hoping they kill it at worlds!

Aces

Standing tumbling
(2) one to full
(2) standing full
(1) two to full
(13) two to full
(7) three to double
Total: 25 (Plus 28 jump to tuck) = 53
Medium to high range. Most athletes participate in both standing pass and jump to tuck

Stunts
(6) fake fullups to immediate stretch, bow
(5) cartwheel down and cartwheel up to prep, full up to lib
(1) fullup to extension
(6) Arabesque, low lib, tick tock to high stretch, tick tock to scorp, double down
(3) Double based preps press to extension
(6) BHS up to extension
Medium to high range. 2 or 3 elite skills (I'm unsure on what counts exactly) and 1 level dismount. They will probably get knocked for not maxing out on groups.

Tosses
(2) kick pretty girl arch tosses
(1) toe arch tosses
(6) kick double
Low. Majority participates in kick double.

Jumps
(22) Left front, toe, right front, pike, toe, tuck
(12) Pike
(6) Toe tuck
High range. Various jumps both combination and single jumps.

Running tumbling
(8) roundoff fulls
(2) RO Full
(1) Whip arabian to full
(4) Arabian to double, 2 of which are synched
(7) RO BHS BHS Double
(2) Whip through to double
(16) RO BHS Full
(1) Arabian to full, punchback roundoff through to double
Total: 41
High range. Variety of elite passes.

Pyramid
(2) x-out tosses
(1) toss and catch to stomach roll out
(1) x-out toss
(2) Braced fullup to lib, press tick tock to hitch
(1) full twist braced flip to cradle
(2) half twist front flip to cradle (?)
(2) vault over full to cradle
Structure: (3) preps, (2) outside arabesques
(2) vault over layouts to cradle
Structure: (7) paperdolls - (1) lib, (6) outside stretch
(2) backflip dismount
(2) frontflip dismount
Medium to high range. Two structures but various transitions.

Dance
Not a lot of movement, various levels, pretty quick
Low to medium range. Formations generally stay the same and not very entertaining.

I think Aces are fine with a move towards high range in every category their skills and hard work will muster. I will tell you a couple of things, from the score sheets they were very, very close to a paid bid if I was reading correctly .05 or 96.13 SE and 96.08 Aces. They know how to perform and hit. And they have IT when you watch them live. You know, that combination of charisma, skill and showmanship that reaches out and grabs you in the audience and says "watch me, I'm good". We met a group of them and they are very nice kids to boot.

Baha yes! Thanks!
But really, the only changes I see orange needing to make are increasing tosses, pyramid, and adding running tumbling. And I'm hoping that half turn tick tock makes an appearance again once it's cleaner.

Back