All-Star Mental Blockage (:

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 7, 2010
alright im going to start off at the beginning. at my old gym when we would tumble we could work on what ever we wanted. before i left i were working on front walkover double fronthandspring front tuck. at my new gym they refuse to let me do any front tumbling until i throw my backhandspring.

thing is im horrified to do a backhandspring i've done it probly a total of 3 times in my cheer career of 2 years.

any tips?

No problem
smile.png

It will always be a little scary, but the repitition will make it less and less. If you're really fearful start small...50 back rolls, 50 bwo's, 50 r/o bhs on the tumble track, 50 bhs on the cheese. No spotters if you can handle it! Then work your way toward the bigger skills once you are more relaxed. It may take time.
Remember, those forward skills are blind landings and are more difficult to master, so you are stronger than you realize. All you need is bravery--I bet your skills are spot on!

i agree with the two above. force your body to do it, dont think about it, just go. trust your coaches and you'll get it in no time :)

Back