Mental Blocks! Please Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 17, 2013
Hi everyone! I'm 13. I need some advice on mental blocks! So last summer I was working on fulls. I had most of my running and standing tumbling, then one day I lost it all. Everything. So this summer I got back my standing spring and tuck. But I have a mental block of all running tumbling. Even a round off spring! Does anyone have any advice on getting over mental blocks on double springs and round off springs! Tips? Or drills? Please help!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Hi everyone! I'm 13. I need some advice on mental blocks! So last summer I was working on fulls. I had most of my running and standing tumbling, then one day I lost it all. Everything. So this summer I got back my standing spring and tuck. But I have a mental block of all running tumbling. Even a round off spring! Does anyone have any advice on getting over mental blocks on double springs and round off springs! Tips? Or drills? Please help!

Mental blocks are a tough one, and its taken me a while to find something that works for me, and sometimes it still doesn't work. I would really read Debbie loves article on mental blocks (just do a quick search on google) I sort of tell myself before I do a skill that I have everything to gain, and nothing to loose. Or I just push myself to my limits with an I don't care or a just do it attitude. It motivates me to just try to throw the skill most of the time! Even though mental blocks can be frustrating DO NOT GIVE UP there is hope! I was in tears at tumbling today because of my block but you just have to push and pray for the best!

Back