All-Star Missing Practices

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 11, 2011
What are your consequences if you miss practice? Do they work? I need help asap from my fellow fierceboarders

there are no consequences for us as long as you notify the coaches ahead of time its usually excused.

You need to call in sick before practice begins and it needs to be a valid excuse. (contagious, family member death, etc...) I'm not exactly sure what they do if you skip for no reason but I'm pretty sure they use the three strikes rule.

We make phone calls if you didn't warn us ahead of time, (you'd be surprised about how many parents don't know that their kid isn't there) Our only real consequence though is without it being an extreme emergency or way pre-approved by coaches you cannot compete if you miss either of the two practices before a comp. Period. No being there late, no leaving early, if you aren't there we will pull someone from another team to replace you or rework the routine without you. We don't compete until december so I'll hold my judgment on whether that works or not lol.

When I cheered for ASL, you had to pay a $25 fine and after 3 misses you were kicked off. But since the coaches were high school coaches too, they understood if you had to come late/miss because of a last minute unscheduled practice conflicting with a basketball game. But my high school coach understood if I had to leave early.

Absences are only excused if you're so sick that you stayed home all day from school (if you went half day you have to at least come to practice but don't have to do anything- just watch) or if you are going to a funeral or if it's a really important doctor's appointment like for an injury. (check-ups, physicals, and dentist appointments aren't excused)
If you have an excused absence, you get a penalty. You can also get a penalty for being late to a game or not wearing the right outfit to practice. If you have a penalty you have to do 10 standing backhandsprings, 10 toe touches, 25 push ups, 25 sit ups, and 5 suicides. If you get more than one penalty in a month, you have to do double conditioning for your second penalty, triple for your third. If you get more than 3 you get in really big trouble lol. And yes, this system definitely works for my high school team.

What are your consequences if you miss practice? Do they work? I need help asap from my fellow fierceboarders
for my HS team the only time you can miss practice is if you have something with grades or if your sick you can sit out but the consequence is running on the track at 3. It starts at a mile but the more you miss the more you run

At our gym you have to give prior notice and missing without any notification is not tolerated. If you miss a practice within 2 weeks of a comp for any reason you are benched and replaced for the rest of practices prior to and the comp itself but are still required to show up for practices and the comp fully dressed.

we have to give at least 2 weeks notice prior to any absense.

if not:
1. you rubn a half mile for each day missed regardless of why you missed. unless you are stricltylimited to bed rest or can not physically come to the gym even just to sit in on practice.
2. we have a absense jar.
- for each day missed ou put $5 in the jar and at the end of the season the money will be divided among the whole team for worlds.

if you miss any practices the week of a competition you're out of the routine.

if you're consantly missing practices, you're out of the routine for good.

actually last week we had ti that if anyone wasn't at the last practice they were out of the routine,gym, etc. and they would not be getting a refund. too many people missing/lack of commitment stuff which was starting to effect the team.

- Theres excused forms that need to be filled out 2 weeks prior to them missing and it must be signed off by the gym owner.
- if you miss practice with a call (sick, dr. appt.) it will go towards your absenses (you're allowed up to 5 including your excused paperwork. after the 5th you get charged for every absense)
- if you miss ANY type of practice 2 weeks prior to a competition. you will be taken out of the routine and not compete for that competition!
- if there is an absense with a family emergency there MUST be a phone call from the parent notifying us.
- and every kid that is late after their 5th "tardy" they start to get charged!

i would say out policies have been working..

theres always going to be that parent that trys to argue the situation or get out of it but thats just the way life is.

(it wouldnt let me add to my last post)

and if you are not feeling well we still ask that they come in and sit in on practice. (unless they are in bed rest & are told by the doc. they cant physically come into the gym. and if its something severe that the girls shouldnt be around the athlete)

we have to give at least 2 weeks notice prior to any absense.

if not:
1. you rubn a half mile for each day missed regardless of why you missed. unless you are stricltylimited to bed rest or can not physically come to the gym even just to sit in on practice.
2. we have a absense jar.
- for each day missed ou put $5 in the jar and at the end of the season the money will be divided among the whole team for worlds.

if you miss any practices the week of a competition you're out of the routine.

if you're consantly missing practices, you're out of the routine for good.

actually last week we had ti that if anyone wasn't at the last practice they were out of the routine,gym, etc. and they would not be getting a refund. too many people missing/lack of commitment stuff which was starting to effect the team.

lovee this idea! i wish my gym did it.. haha

well this has worked for me. . . .
it worked at the begging of the season and i admit it was torture to them
when they missed a practice i got theyre group stunt and sat thim in front of the mats (next to me) to watch all of practice. and i know i thought hmm. i missing two days of practice for them but it worked every practice after a couple times ive had perfect attendance lol

* sorry you need something now. :( #FAIL

Back