Moving This Spring. New Gym, New People & Scared.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 12, 2013
Ok so since I have to post three things.

I am moving after the 2012-13 season. Sadly leaving my gym behind :(. But I am excited to go to a new one. I might join FAME all stars. I am nervous. I mean hey I am coming from a gym where I knew everyone and now I am leaving to the cheer unknown. Has anyone felt the same or had to do the same?

I am easy at making friends sometimes, I have had my ups and downs with making friends before I came to my gym a few years ago :oops: . Cheerleading has brought me out of my shell.

But I still am scared that no one would like me. I am a loud, nerdy girl who loves cheer and pageants more then anything...ohh and my family and dog bubbles lol. But blahhh so nervous.

it's normal to be nervous about a change like that. i am sure you will do well and make friends at your new gym easily. FAME has a great reputation and there are many people on here from there.

what level team are you on now? perhaps some of the peeps on here can hook up with you when you move that might be on your same team.

it's normal to be nervous about a change like that. i am sure you will do well and make friends at your new gym easily. FAME has a great reputation and there are many people on here from there.

what level team are you on now? perhaps some of the peeps on here can hook up with you when you move that might be on your same team.

I am on senior level 2 right now. :) I love all star cheerleading and I am happy I can continue cheering at such a well known gym. I visited FAME VA BEACH when I went with my family to look for housing. I automatically started talking to people so I guess thats a good thing. I really liked it there! :) I am nervous since it will be a new gym and Idk how they do things. I currently cheer for Midwest xplosion.

Thanks I hope I can find some people that go to FAME beach.

I actually moved a few years ago not only from my school, city and gym, but from my country! (canada to US, and to SC too! quite a change)
It was actually cheer and the people at the gym that made everything better, everyone was very welcoming and open to me joining their friend groups within the team, which is especially good because when i first got there the gym barely made two teams! You'll be fine, FAME really does have a great reputation in the cheer world and from personal experience, quite a few girls have moved from VA/FAME to SC and joined ACX and they are some of the sweetest girls i know!

Do you know how I can contact her on here? I noticed she is a pageant girl too! Seems like we have something in common other then cheer. :) Thank you so much I feel a bit better about it all!
Yes! just PM her! If you don't know how to do that.... click on her name and it should say "start a conversation" :)

I actually moved a few years ago not only from my school, city and gym, but from my country! (canada to US, and to SC too! quite a change)
It was actually cheer and the people at the gym that made everything better, everyone was very welcoming and open to me joining their friend groups within the team, which is especially good because when i first got there the gym barely made two teams! You'll be fine, FAME really does have a great reputation in the cheer world and from personal experience, quite a few girls have moved from VA/FAME to SC and joined ACX and they are some of the sweetest girls i know!
Thank you so much! :) This really helped alot! :D

Mamarazzi is a parent at FAME and her daughter is LittleRazzi! Just-a-Mom used to be a FAME parent too I believe!

Yep! We absolutely loved it there. We were at the Virginia beach location. They were so welcoming when we came there from our old gym. You will for sure make friends easily - they're nice kids there. Do you know where you'll be going to school?

Yep! We absolutely loved it there. We were at the Virginia beach location. They were so welcoming when we came there from our old gym. You will for sure make friends easily - they're nice kids there. Do you know where you'll be going to school?
I am not sure where I am going to school yet. To be quite honest I am a senior but due to my age I have a two years left of cheer! :D So I will be going to collage.

I am going to the VA beach location I visited there everyone seemed very nice and helpful! :)

Back