Moving To Another Country To Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ETA: Just realised I've used college in 2 senses here- the US college which is the equivalent of our university (I think), and the UK college which is generally age 16-18 stuff.... I hope you can work out which one is which!
Don't worry, I figured it out :)
Thank you so much for your help!
And since you're hoping to study over here some day, I'll always be here to help you with your questions :D

Don't worry, I figured it out :)
Thank you so much for your help!
And since you're hoping to study over here some day, I'll always be here to help you with your questions :D
Thanks! Let me know where you end up- UK Fierceboard meet-up!

Okay fierceboarders, which one would you prefer..
Option A:
After high school, move to a different country to study and cheer for a year and stay with someone willing to house me, come back to Florida and do a year of community college.

Option B:
Go back to Hawaii (I used to live there when I was younger) after two years of community college and attend Hawaii Pacific and stay with family friends. Possibly spend a summer in New Zealand while staying with a family friend.

Option C: (Similar to B)
Attend community college for two years (cheer at my current gym for another year after I graduate high school) then attend either University of Central FL, Florida Atlantic Univ. or Univ. of South Fl. for two years. Also maybe coaching a mini team? Not sure. And most likely living with my parents.

Decisions... :banghead:

Option A:
After high school, move to a different country to study and cheer for a year and stay with someone willing to house me, come back to Florida and do a year of community college.

Option B:
Go back to Hawaii (I used to live there when I was younger) after two years of community college and attend Hawaii Pacific and stay with family friends. Possibly spend a summer in New Zealand while staying with a family friend.

Attend community college for two years (cheer at my current gym for another year after I graduate high school) then attend either University of Central FL, Florida Atlantic Univ. or Univ. of South Fl. for two years. Also maybe coaching a mini team? Not sure. And most likely living with my parents.

Do what you want but if you have the chance to go abroad (and can afford it) then I'd say go for it ..I don't think HPU has a cheer team anymore though so you may want to look into that...

If I had the chance to go away for a year and could afford it I totally would!

Option A:

Option B:

Option C at UCF and be with me :D

Do what you want but if you have the chance to go abroad (and can afford it) then I'd say go for it ..I don't think HPU has a cheer team anymore though so you may want to look into that...

If I had the chance to go away for a year and could afford it I totally would!
I probably wouldn't be cheering for college so it's all good :)

My mom keeps telling me that :p
I really only have till December or so to figure it out and I'm already having such a tough time finding out what I want to do!
Well it seems that either way, for choices B or C you are planning to do community college first anyway. The choice of where you go after will come in time. Therefore the real decision is whether you want to take a year off to experience life abroad, or try community college first ( I say this because classes you take abroad will not necessarily transfer to all universities & community colleges. Typically you have to clear with the university counselor before you go what credits you are going to receive and get them to sign it off on paper to ensure that you actually do get the correct credits. Universities get very picky and particular because they want more $$$). Both options are good experiences and will be a change for you. It just depends on what you feel is the best choice. Don't stress!:) Regardless of the choice you make now, things can always change, there are always new opportunities popping up, and events that help you find your calling.....they will continue to pop up for the rest of your life, so go with your heart, work hard, and hang on for the ride!

i dont know how it works for you guys but here (scotland)

we can opt to earn our credits at a university abroad for one year of our course, so long as i take the appropriate classes and i would still have graduated with the same degree.
i had the option to go to wyoming university full paid and that would have been my year abroad

having just graduated i kinda wish id done that year abroad! but i still did a summer in georgia so all is not bad. my advice to you is if you have the chance to do something like a year, summer, term abroad grab it with both hands it will be the best time of your life! just make sure its right for you at wont have bad consequences in the longer term

Back