All-Star Must Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I may be late to this party, but I think it's disgusting what they are doing.
Are they breaking any rules? No. But as a parent I think it's morally wrong.
Would I want my children involved in it? No.
Does it look bad for cheerleading? Yes!
The parties involved need to talk a long look at themselves and realize that they are doing nothing for the children, parents, or cheerleading, other than make us all look like drama, which I am good without!
You must be behind the times, cheerleading is all about being popular, chasing whatever gym your child can win at and making as much money ff of your child as possible!!! Hurry up and jump on the "cheerlebrity" train so you can use your kid to feel good about yourself too! "Sarcasm"
This whole thing is ridiculous and absurd.

You must be behind the times, cheerleading is all about being popular, chasing whatever gym your child can win at and making as much money ff of your child as possible!!! Hurry up and jump on the "cheerlebrity" train so you can use your kid to feel good about yourself too! "Sarcasm"
This whole thing is ridiculous and absurd.
Wait - I can make $ off my child while she cheers??? Dang it, I'm doing this all wrong.

It's stories like this that no cheer magazine in existence would touch with a 10 foot pole. The seedy underbelly of cheer that no one wants to discuss except Fierceboard.

If people are willing to get contacts for me, I'd do the article freelance and try to get it picked up.

Thats actually a really good idea. Fierceboard should start their own cheer magazine. We have a lot of great people willing to work on one, why not? (Not to mention a lot of people who can correct mistakes ;))

I actually really love that idea. Not sure if we could make it happen and be successful with already established cheer magazines, but I know there are several people on the boards majoring in journalism. We could make a living writing about cheer. Say what?!

Haha but really, if anyone can shoot me contacts, I'll do this story.

Journalism is what I got my college degree for, broadcast specifically, but I coach cheer full time because that is my true passion.
I would really enjoy some insightful pieces about all star. All I usually see is articles profiling athletes, coaches, gyms or products. It's a lot of "how to" and build your business, etc.. Very positive things that can be pretty helpful if you need it, but never anything gritty or exposing.

With so many threats of lawsuits, I don't see cheer "journalists" taking on too many projects like this.

Journalism is what I got my college degree for, broadcast specifically, but I coach cheer full time because that is my true passion.
I would really enjoy some insightful pieces about all star. All I usually see is articles profiling athletes, coaches, gyms or products. It's a lot of "how to" and build your business, etc.. Very positive things that can be pretty helpful if you need it, but never anything gritty or exposing.

With so many threats of lawsuits, I don't see cheer "journalists" taking on too many projects like this.
I am tired of articles about how dangerous is it. I would love to write an article exposing it for what it really is....

I am tired of articles about how dangerous is it. I would love to write an article exposing it for what it really is....

Those are the types of articles in mainstream media. I'm talking about specialty cheer magazines specifically but either kind of media would be welcome to dive in and do a full blown exposé.

It'd be so cool for us to take that on! Exspecially since the different perspectives you can get-- Cheerleaders, Parents, Coaches, Gym Owners, or just someone apart of the industry!

Back