All-Star My Take On Worlds 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 8, 2020
So now that worlds has officially come and gone(so hard to believe!) I will give my intake on some of the things about worlds 2021.

I was honestly not a fan of the top 3 placement medals, they looked to much like “participation” medals to me.

The sportsmanship displayed was amazing amongst the divisions and teams.

I was so happy to see my little sister finally get her gold medal, and she no longer has to steal mine(don’t ask, she said it’s a inspiration thing.)

Cheer Twitter/Instagram needs to be gone, they are super toxic group of people.

I hated how awards were done, I get social distancing and covid..but they could have found a way to have all the teams together and find out placements instead of a random field/area.

I’m over themes, and the crazy themed uniforms.

seeing teams react to even placing top 10 is so heartwarming.

TGLC’s family won was everything I never knew I wanted in life.

Seeing so many gyms and teams globe for the first time is always such a heartwarming experience.

I feel so bad for the teams and the fact that they didn’t get to compete in front of packers out arenas. There is just something about competing in front of thousands of fans, and them cheering your team on and singing along to your teams music at the top of their lungs.

now I’m tempted to come back for the 2021-2022 season...but Idk because I’m living my best life in Hawaii.

now here’s to hoping that next season is “normal.”

1. I actually did not see as many themes this year but I also missed the majority of Sat and half of Sunday.

2. These mixes are still bad.

3. We need to make white shoes great again.

4. We need to make double downs great again. I know you can max out on entry and body positions, but still. This is Worlds.

5. Make actually clearly hitting structures in your pyramid great again. Some are barely hitting the position before transitioning to next element.

6. I actually somewhat appreciated the privacy factor of the awards set up. If you're sad/mad, best place for a cry is literally the middle of a random field.

7. I saw some great first time wins and globes and that is always precious.

8. I saw a lot more fight in teams this year.

9. The entire West coast said WHAT LOCKDOWN? So much good cheer coming out of CA, AZ, etc.

10. I appreciate seeing clean win in many cases.

1. Took a year off this season to coach and I 100% miss competing and maybe trying out for Maryland Twisters Reign this upcoming season.

2. So many west coast teams were amazing despite being on lockdown for the longest in the country.

3. Proud of Upper Merion Royals being the first team here from Pennsylvania to Globe, ever? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

4. Large senior was a blood bath!!

5. F5 placing 8th just proves they will be coming back stronger and better than ever!

6. Jump(s) to tuck and double downs are what I am missing greatly.

1. Top Gun is the second all star gym Ive ever falling in love with (Kentucky Elite was the first) and I have followed their teams for years. Congratulations on winning 3 Gold medals this weekend for the first time ever.

2. TGLC finally breaking what I felt like was their own worlds curse. I got the feels from watching all of their reaction videos.

3. WCSS coming back and rocking that routine.

4. CJA winning a gold medal finally

5. Petition for Lady Jags and F5 to go large next season.

6. BSB being BSB

I didn't get to follow much more of the competition. Also TGLC please bring back a updated version of the 2014 black uniform.

So now that worlds has officially come and gone(so hard to believe!) I will give my intake on some of the things about worlds 2021.

I was honestly not a fan of the top 3 placement medals, they looked to much like “participation” medals to me.

The sportsmanship displayed was amazing amongst the divisions and teams.

I was so happy to see my little sister finally get her gold medal, and she no longer has to steal mine(don’t ask, she said it’s a inspiration thing.)

Cheer Twitter/Instagram needs to be gone, they are super toxic group of people.

I hated how awards were done, I get social distancing and covid..but they could have found a way to have all the teams together and find out placements instead of a random field/area.

I’m over themes, and the crazy themed uniforms.

seeing teams react to even placing top 10 is so heartwarming.

TGLC’s family won was everything I never knew I wanted in life.

Seeing so many gyms and teams globe for the first time is always such a heartwarming experience.

I feel so bad for the teams and the fact that they didn’t get to compete in front of packers out arenas. There is just something about competing in front of thousands of fans, and them cheering your team on and singing along to your teams music at the top of their lungs.

now I’m tempted to come back for the 2021-2022 season...but Idk because I’m living my best life in Hawaii.

now here’s to hoping that next season is “normal.”

random fact i saw floating around, is that the medals changed this year due to people stating previous years that their medals where braking off the little clasps that held them together. Which makes sense now since they have physically attached the medal to the ribbon for this years.
the only thing i didnt like was that the second and third ones had writing on the ribbon part... made it look like a participation medal to me from afar.

These mixes are so bad guys… Do the athletes and coaches even like them?
They just sound like a bunch of noise to me. There has to be a way to make these tolerable without breaking the rules.
Once upon a time Chat and JR made PRODUCTIONS.
Nowadays these mixes just sound like hastily made background beats with voiceovers where you can’t understand anything. Maybe I just have old people ears and think everything sounds bad idk.

Here is mine, from the outside.

1. I do not understand the need for the Senior Open division. I feel like this is what I would make disappear if I could.

2. The event producer always, always has the final decision over everything. It has a huge impact on the quality of the event and of the judging. Do with that what you will.

3. I wonder if they asked international judges to come. Maybe some would have been willing to do it. My point is, worlds need judges from all over, like the Olympics.

4. We need to be able to allow different medias to come inside and see what it is like. I am tired, so tired of the monopoly from FloCheer. It does not make sense. Especially when international teams are added to the mix.

These mixes are so bad guys… Do the athletes and coaches even like them?
They just sound like a bunch of noise to me. There has to be a way to make these tolerable without breaking the rules.
Once upon a time Chat and JR made PRODUCTIONS.
Nowadays these mixes just sound like hastily made background beats with voiceovers where you can’t understand anything. Maybe I just have old people ears and think everything sounds bad idk.
My boyfriend really REAALLLLY hates cheer and sat in a different room from me all weekend so I could watch undisturbed, but even he had to break his self-isolation from cheer to come in and say how terrible the music is. It just sounds like noise most of the time. I miss catchy music you could sing along with.

The scoring system I feel like needs to change or they need to have set rules that don't change from year to year.

Allowing ties some years but absolutely not allowing them others I find annoying. same with allowing ties in some divisions but not others.

Raw scores drastically changing for no apparent reason between day one or two or based off performance order I find frustrating.

The comparitive scoring, the breakdowns of scores I found to be a mess this year. Some of those score breakdowns did not make sense at all. Sorry not sorry

Last edited:
EVVVVERY... Year, same thing
Worlds ends-people rant angrily about the SAME things+ whatever extra thing REALLY got under their skin THAT year
Cheer Twitter it’s the same hot mess express of bullying and bad mouthing
Around June- everyone “We need CHANGE”
By Mid Oct~Nov ...everyone is over it and is hyping up their themes and blinding everyone with each other’s bling
In Dec/Jan- it’s complain about how bids are distributed season.
By Feb/March we are getting a little too tired and cash strapped to complaining about anything but we muster up enough energy to express how upset we are that we don’t “ever get taken seriously as a sport”...
In a normal year- April- Hello Worlds (WE CANT WAIT for the potential to GLOBE again) and the cycle starts allllll over ;)

nobody get angry- you know it’s all true -lol

p.S. back to Twitter again, whoever posted that cheer Twitter is toxic I couldn’t agree with you more. If there’s one thing that holds back our sport, it’s the way some athletes, adults and anon accounts function online. The digital environment of your sport is a whole other arena and I think we are far to passive on its impact on our youth and the organizations in which they are a part of.

Last edited:
Agree with much that has already been posted. Thought it was really disappoint that they couldn't allow teams to be gathered somewhere (outdoors? the stadium?) to announce placements. Also, there has to be some clearer definition of what is excessively celebrating because it was ridiculous that teams ran off the stage as if their lives were in danger for fear of some arbitrary deduction for celebrating.

Agree with much that has already been posted. Thought it was really disappoint that they couldn't allow teams to be gathered somewhere (outdoors? the stadium?) to announce placements. Also, there has to be some clearer definition of what is excessively celebrating because it was ridiculous that teams ran off the stage as if their lives were in danger for fear of some arbitrary deduction for celebrating.
is there any written rules as to what counts as excessive celebrating.. just curious to see it.

i get they dont want kids rolling around on the ground hugging each other, cause that was pretty prevalent back in the day especially at worlds, but smacking the ground with your hand, or bending down in tears or etc. that a lot tend to do now a days, i dont agree that should be penalized. Setting a time limit as to how much time they have to get off the floor before being penalized i think is enough to make a point to teams, hey do what you want in 15 seconds, but be done and off after that time or be penalized.

All-in-all I do have to say that in spite of how cringey I think cheer has become (the crazy uniforms, the lame music, the complicated new divisions, cheer Twitter, etc…)
There was something about this worlds that actually hooked me in and made me follow every second. I haven’t done that in years since I retired. Perhaps it was all the fanfare that was reignited in all of us from being quarantined for so long. Anyway, no matter what it was, this worlds actually inspired me to return for this next season. I think next season’s worlds will be what we’re all used to *fingers crossed* and that’s super exciting.
But with all things COVID considered this worlds was actually pretty magical…

Still very very veryyyyy cringey (I think that’s just a product of me being older and not understanding kids nowadays) but magical nonetheless.

is there any written rules as to what counts as excessive celebrating.. just curious to see it.

i get they dont want kids rolling around on the ground hugging each other, cause that was pretty prevalent back in the day especially at worlds, but smacking the ground with your hand, or bending down in tears or etc. that a lot tend to do now a days, i dont agree that should be penalized. Setting a time limit as to how much time they have to get off the floor before being penalized i think is enough to make a point to teams, hey do what you want in 15 seconds, but be done and off after that time or be penalized.
YES! PAge 21 here: https://usasfmain.s3.amazonaws.com/Worlds/docs/20-21/usasf_worlds_cheer_info-packet.pdf

Some of it makes sense and is explicit (chest bumps) but others are incredibly vague (Public displays of affection?). It says even high fives are not allowed which seems joyless to me. But the kicker is that penalties MAY be assessed. I don't support rules that are so unclear when they will or won't be applied and, if applied in the strictest sense, would be extremely punitive.

Back