High School Nationals And Qualifying

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Most teams in our area go to more than one. We attend 3 - 4 bid qualifiers every year. We have always gotten our bid at the first, but we continue to go just for practice. Division changes shouldn't make a difference. If you're state is a bid competition then you can earn a bid in two divisions. We purposely got 2 different division bids last year just so we could choose how many we wanted to end up on the floor at nationals.

So you qualify as large and XL (for example) and then can choose ? That's a good idea. Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. At this point we plan on attending two. I hope we're good enough to qualify. It would be fun to go. We won't win. :)

Thank you. I looked at the Varsity list - looks like there's only one in the northeast which couldn't be true. Do most teams go to two different events to get a bid? We are considering two to be safe.

We have 20 on the team which makes us large in UCA yet it puts us as medium for States (in PA) which is a little odd, but I guess so what, right?

Typically they offer weekend before thanksgiving in toms river NJ and then Kutztown university 1st full weekend of December. States is funky, we all feel that way, but I am small and I allow my alternates to compete at states since they allow me to max out at 15. Most teams will do what they have to so they bid!! So plan for both! I didn't see any NHSCC qualifier dates on the UCA site as of earlier this week yet so not sure if they are the official dates.

So you qualify as large and XL (for example) and then can choose ? That's a good idea. Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. At this point we plan on attending two. I hope we're good enough to qualify. It would be fun to go. We won't win. :)

We also stay in our division, so we are small non tumble and I wouldn't try and qualify in more then 1 division, just 1 division.

We have half the team with a running tuck. At least 5 have toe touch handspring (maybe a few more). 3 have toe touch tuck. 3 flyers have excellent abilities but 2 struggle. We know to leave out elite stunts that the 3 could do. We don't want to drop. Last year we used front spots but we're eliminating them this year.

States last year our team wasn't as good and we made semi-finals, but not finals. Maybe we'll make finals this year. Last year we only practiced 1x per week - this year we're 3x so that's good!

You guys are so great helping out. I'm so used to allstar. We did Worlds. Loved it. Hoping Nationals is just as fun!

Just to clarify on why and how we qualify for two divisions. We have alternates. The alternates are choreographed in the routine and practice with the team like normal, they just aren't on the floor when we compete. We compete at 3-4 regionals a year and get a bid at each one, so after we qualify in our true division, we like to put the alternates out there to get a bid in a larger division. This way we have leeway to decide to go larger or not if we feel the need or want to add girls on the floor. I'm not suggesting or recommending anyone put together a new routine or change anything to fit into another division! This is just something that works for us and is great motivation to keep all the kids on their toes. If they're slacking we can go smaller and put the ones working hard on the mat. If they're all (alternates included) doing really well, we reward them by putting them all out on the mat.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just to clarify on why and how we qualify for two divisions. We have alternates. The alternates are choreographed in the routine and practice with the team like normal, they just aren't on the floor when we compete. We compete at 3-4 regionals a year and get a bid at each one, so after we qualify in our true division, we like to put the alternates out there to get a bid in a larger division. This way we have leeway to decide to go larger or not if we feel the need or want to add girls on the floor. I'm not suggesting or recommending anyone put together a new routine or change anything to fit into another division! This is just something that works for us and is great motivation to keep all the kids on their toes. If they're slacking we can go smaller and put the ones working hard on the mat. If they're all (alternates included) doing really well, we reward them by putting them all out on the mat.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My alternates don't necessarily make 1 full functional stunt group. So example, I have a small varsity, non-tumbling team. I have 15 on my varsity (based on class year, position, skills). These girls have the option to compete w/ JV, however, based on talent, merit, class year I feel are deserving of "varsity" spots. If I needed to place someone in a group due to the need for the alternate, likely they can either step right into a group or with minimal adjustments could be plugged in, however, this is the case this year. I wouldn't have the 4th stunt group nor be able to hold my own with floater girls on the mat in "medium non-tumbling" which is 13-20 members. They would drown.

Latest posts

Back