All-Star Nca 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it seriously 37 in Dallas right now? We Floridians are done with winter. :) Atlanta was warm and sunny, too. Looks like we need to pack long sleeves and a coat, too.
It really is haha. It's suppose to warm up a little bit over the next few days and get to the low 60s this weekend though.

This is my 3rd NCA. The past two years..weather has been delightful. Warm with no rain. Real Chamber of Commerce weather! Dallas, don’t let me down now!!

From a coaching standpoint, a lot of the smaller/midsized regionals I take my HS kids to do a lot of this and I'm always DYING because:

1. I want to get the results.
2. It is forever:00 PM and I need to start trying to get home.

I do not need to watch my kids cha cha slide walk it out juju on the beat whip nay nay for a full 15-20 minutes.

Also can we cut the parent spirit/grandma spirit/staff spirit/pet spirit contest winner reveals a little short please?

Also they have cheering since first grade, they've seen Jammy. They're in high school, they do not want free buttons. They just want to go home.
I have a two song limit before I start to feel incredibly hostile, a third song sends me over the edge like I annoy myself with my complaining but am unable to stop. I'm normally a patient person but waiting for awards truly makes me insane. Nothing makes me happier than speedy,efficient awards.

From a coaching standpoint, a lot of the smaller/midsized regionals I take my HS kids to do a lot of this and I'm always DYING because:

1. I want to get the results.
2. It is forever:00 PM and I need to start trying to get home.

I do not need to watch my kids cha cha slide walk it out juju on the beat whip nay nay for a full 15-20 minutes.

Also can we cut the parent spirit/grandma spirit/staff spirit/pet spirit contest winner reveals a little short please?

Also they have cheering since first grade, they've seen Jammy. They're in high school, they do not want free buttons. They just want to go home.
Agree with all of this. The cha cha slide gets old real fast. Also, Jammy is legitimately terrifying. For my sister, seeing Jammy was worse than seeing the guys with chain saws at six flags We used to compete at Six Flags during their fright fest each year so all sorts of scary things would be running around. One year a vampire snuck up behind my then six year old sister and was getting ready to lunge at her when she turned around and said boo with a deadpan face. Couple months later, same kid sees Jammy coming and runs screaming and crying behind our father.

Alright, it's officially NCA week!!
142 Worlds teams
6 International teams (so therefore ineligible for any bid)
64 teams have a paid bid
48 teams have an at-large
24 teams with no bid going for 18 at-larges
and 72 teams going for 9 paids

Lower odds of getting a bid than the last few years have been.
Update: One of the teams that had no bid is now off the schedule. So now it is 23 teams going for 18 at larges and 71 teams going for 9 paids.

I wish we all had name buttons to recognize each other with! I’m SO excited to be here, and I almost fell over when I saw the giant NCA lit up across the building skyline!! This is such an experience. I’ve already seen a mom with a custom painted denim jacket w/her CP’s portrait on the back in full cheer glory. And a boa. Bring it, Texas!!!!

Back