All-Star Nca Allstar Nationals 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yeah, why dont more international teams compete at NCA, i would guess the cost of trying to do both nca and worlds is to much for most. But not offering bids isnt doing that division any favors either. You would think NCA woud want to profit off the international teams as well.
I'd assume its the cost + more missed days of school. Its a really expensive flight, for example London to Dallas right now is about 1000 dollars once its all said and done and a its longer 10 hour-13 hour flight + other travel time probably translates into an extra one or two missed days of school and those really add up. I know whenever I have a long flight I just feel dead the next day. Then you add on the lack of bids and it just doesn't seem justifiable.

Which teams are still eligible for the Triple Crown thing? I heard Miss Silver won both x-small at Cheersport and NCA. And there's also SSX. Any other teams?
I think if we're looking at Worlds teams, it's just the two teams you mentioned along with Spirit of Texas Royalty and Stingray All Stars Electric (both, I believe, will not be attending UCA).

I'd assume its the cost + more missed days of school. Its a really expensive flight, for example London to Dallas right now is about 1000 dollars once its all said and done and a its longer 10 hour-13 hour flight + other travel time probably translates into an extra one or two missed days of school and those really add up. I know whenever I have a long flight I just feel dead the next day. Then you add on the lack of bids and it just doesn't seem justifiable.
I know that a lot of Level 6 teams seem to spend their time during competition season chasing a bid in order to afford World's. Often only attending bid events and competing reduced schedules compared to their gym's level 1-5 teams. Alll done to maximize their dollars in order to afford to cheer. With no opportunity to receive a bid, all NCA offers a Level 6 team is the experience and the prestige of a win. Not even the opportunity for Grand Champion. Then with the higher cost due to Stay to Play, and the expense of flying, in addition to time off school/work, I can definitely see how it might not be worth it for an out of state team to attend NCA under the current circumstances. The good news, I've heard that NCA is expected to take a look at this matter.

Anyone else wondering how some teams won nca and got an at large bid to summit while others didn't win and got paid?
Which teams? I saw two that were D2 teams in a non-split division. And in that case the highest scoring D2 team will get a bid, per the bid declaration.

Can anyone explain how a team could receive a .33 deduction? I looked at the deduction sheet for NCA and I still can't see how that is possible. But, I don't have a lot of experience in the scoring of a routine.

I know that a lot of Level 6 teams seem to spend their time during competition season chasing a bid in order to afford World's. Often only attending bid events and competing reduced schedules compared to their gym's level 1-5 teams. Alll done to maximize their dollars in order to afford to cheer. With no opportunity to receive a bid, all NCA offers a Level 6 team is the experience and the prestige of a win. Not even the opportunity for Grand Champion. Then with the higher cost due to Stay to Play, and the expense of flying, in addition to time off school/work, I can definitely see how it might not be worth it for an out of state team to attend NCA under the current circumstances. The good news, I've heard that NCA is expected to take a look at this matter.
Level 6 teams can get a bid at NCA (as 3 teams just did), just not paid. And there are very, very few comps level 6 teams can get paid anywhere in the country, they aren't gonna go chasing those bids. IO5 is becoming much more prevalent to get a paid bid than it used to be, still could be better though for sure.

Level 6 teams can get a bid at NCA (as 3 teams just did), just not paid. And there are very, very few comps level 6 teams can get paid anywhere in the country, they aren't gonna go chasing those bids. IO5 is becoming much more prevalent to get a paid bid than it used to be, still could be better though for sure.
Correct, NCA offers Level 6 an opportunity to receive At Large Bids. However, many teams already have their At Large Bids prior to NCA. My daughter is on a Level 6 team and they definitely focus on competitions that offer paid bidsf that Level 6 teams can earn. They will probably attend 4-5 such competitions this year. I don't know any competition (other than NCA) that offers bids to Level 5, while not also offering them to Level 6. They may exist but I haven't encountered them during my 13 years of cheer.

Correct, NCA offers Level 6 an opportunity to receive At Large Bids. However, many teams already have their At Large Bids prior to NCA. My daughter is on a Level 6 team and they definitely focus on competitions that offer paid bidsf that Level 6 teams can earn. They will probably attend 4-5 such competitions this year. I don't know any competition (other than NCA) that offers bids to Level 5, while not also offering them to Level 6. They may exist but I haven't encountered them during my 13 years of cheer.
There are several out there, Cheersport being another one of them. I believe UCA tends to be the same as well. It comes up often this time of year. There's got to be a solution out there to fix the issues with this though.

Can anyone explain how a team could receive a .33 deduction? I looked at the deduction sheet for NCA and I still can't see how that is possible. But, I don't have a lot of experience in the scoring of a routine.

I saw a few teams with odd deductions like this. Did this team compete in the a Hall by chance?

I saw a few teams with odd deductions like this. Did this team compete in the a Hall by chance?
Yea, I've seen several teams with .33 or .17 deductions, can't figure it out either. All in different halls.
ETA: Just saw a .92 one as well. Weird.

I don't know if this is what happened, but if you get called for a legality on day 2, they look at your day 1 video to see if they just missed it the day before. If they missed it the first day, they basically penalized you for 1/3 of the points they normally would, so that it affects your final score the same as if it had been called the first day. (NCA is 25/75)

This led us in one odd case to try to prove we had done something illegal in our routine that we hadn't been penalized for.

I don't know if this is what happened, but if you get called for a legality on day 2, they look at your day 1 video to see if they just missed it the day before. If they missed it the first day, they basically penalized you for 1/3 of the points they normally would, so that it affects your final score the same as if it had been called the first day. (NCA is 25/75)

This led us in one odd case to try to prove we had done something illegal in our routine that we hadn't been penalized for.

So what happens if a team does something illegal but doesn’t get the deduction? Whether day 1 or day 2.... Can another team challenge it? Or basically if it wasn’t seen it’s like it didn’t happen? Win or lose?

ETA: sorry just so confused with NCA this year. I have been shocked by some of the scoring, some of the deductions or lack of deductions for many teams... so I’m just curious.... I know that if I have a team get a deduction I can challenge it but if I’m against a team and I see something but don’t see the deduction on the final score sheet, can that be challenged etc....

Was NCA 25/75 this year cause I heard 20/80?? Was that wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back