All-Star NCA College Nationals may leave Daytona :(

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ive always wondered the cost involved when it comes to daytona vs disney, i want to imagine staying in daytona is a whole lot cheaper.

One of the great things about UCA/UDA is the fact that teams get to visit Walt Disney World and mingle with the likes of Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto, Goofy, etc.

I love the Daytona venue, and not being hostage to the mouse. Disney is very expensive and I don't want to go there every year, or multiple times a year. Daytona is much cheaper and probably a better fit as a host for college kids. You can walk everywhere. There isn't much extra time built into thee schedule for attending theme parks. Everyone watches all the other teams compete. Food is cheaper and hotels are cheaper and the beach is free. I doubt as many alumni could afford to attend at Disney as well. My girl goes with a group of alumni every year but as a struggling grad student Disney would be rough.

So many kids have done Dianey every year for school or all star by college it's lost it's appeal. We didn't bother to go to the parks during UCA because it would have required missing DE classes, and it really wasn't a big deal.

Back