All-Star Nca Day 2 Chit Chat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We basically go to all of the bid-giving events in driving range. Taking all 5 to each is the best way to insure that as many as possible get bids. If one or two teams have a bad day, having all the Worlds-eligible teams there means that, hopefully, at least 1 or 2 of them will hit and have legit chances at bids. Panthers and Wildcats had bids at the first event we went to, so they weren't competing against Cheetahs or Fiercekatz for bids at any of the other bid events we went to the rest of the seasons.

The "problem" isn't that CA teams are taking bids away from each other. The "problem" is that there are some incredibly good teams from other programs that we are competing against. Every event we go to typically has several former World Champions and/or medalists all competing for a small number of bids. (SOT IOC, SOT LL, T&S, Tribe, etc.)

Bottom line - it is VERY hard to get a paid bid in Texas. Would traveling to other parts of the country increase the chances of getting a paid bid? Probably. However, it doesn't make sense to pay hundreds of dollars a person to travel in the hopes that you win hundreds of dollars a person to pay for a trip to Worlds. We would rather just use that money to pay for the Worlds trip itself and skip a step.
I agree with all that you're saying here. And the more I think about it, statistically speaking, it probably does work in your favor to send them all together.

While from a bid point of view, the teams are still competing against each other. And it makes it harder for an individual team to not only compete against all the aforementioned top TX teams AND fellow CA teams. But from a *gym* perspective, I suppose it doesn't matter. As you stated , in Panthers and Wildcats case, where they received bids right off the bat, they no longer were "competition" for the rest of the teams getting bids. Again, statistically speaking from a gym point of view; even had they not gotten bids, it still makes sense to take them all because it increases the gym's chance of one (or more) of their teams getting a bid.

I never intended that CA, or any large gym for that matter, split their teams to the point of driving way out of the way to different competitions. But not knowing the competition landscape, now that you mention it, you may already be covering all the bid comps that are financially viable.

All the other threads have heated debates going on. This is calm and loving. I won't stand for it.

I hate you for saying that. (for just a second. Can't really hate you)

everyone knows cheerleading is all about who HITS the BEST that day. Orange deserved it Day two. Hands down those girls workkkked it out. As well as CA. All everyone can do it hope and pray that your favorite team at worlds for small senior HITS when it counts the most.

I am a mom of one of the Supercells, and I am very sorry if our girls seemed disrespectful or seem like they took the moment away from another team. Most of the girls on the team are either former Wind members or returning Cell members and have won national titles before, and have learned how to contain their excitement until their team's name is called. There are a few girls on the team that had never had the opportunity to win a national title and I'm sure got very caught up in the moment. I did noticed that there were only a few that jumped up and screamed when the second place team's name was announced, but I also noticed that other members of the team grabbed them by the hand and sat them back down...so I know that their early celebration was not totally crazy. None the less, I am sorry if it took away from the recognition of the Colonels. This will serve as a good learning experience for the Cells and a reminder to us parents to reinforce good sportsmanship to our girls.

I'm on colonels, and of course, its always great to celebrate your moment, 1st or not. I don't even remember the few Supercells who jumped up. I truthfully only remember the moments after we left the arena. But, It is very kind of you to apologize, for what had happened. Im sure some colonels were guilty of this, taking some recognition for ICE Unity when there name was called & i apologize for that. No team should be called out because I'm sure others atleast had one girl, first national title or not, get over excited and maybe scream a little bit. All of these three teams have very sweet girls and lots of talent! Also to the Supercells who ran after Colonels as they left the floor and told us good job and gave us hugs, means a lot!

I'm on colonels, and of course, its always great to celebrate your moment, 1st or not. I don't even remember the few Supercells who jumped up. I truthfully only remember the moments after we left the arena. But, It is very kind of you to apologize, for what had happened. Im sure some colonels were guilty of this, taking some recognition for ICE Unity when there name was called & i apologize for that. No team should be called out because I'm sure others atleast had one girl, first national title or not, get over excited and maybe scream a little bit. All of these three teams have very sweet girls and lots of talent! Also to the Supercells who ran after Colonels as they left the floor and told us good job and gave us hugs, means a lot!

yes to the girls on supercells that came after us to tell us good job really did mean a lot. so thank you for that, it was very nice of them!

i cant believe teal from cac got a bid, i mean dont get me wrong they did good day 2 but day 1 that were sooo bad. that always seems to happen though you know teal does bad day 1 then knocks it out of ball park day 2 and then wins for some reason. jmo dont get mad

I can't believe you just said that... like really?
rolleyes.png

i really didnt mean for that to sound rude. it came out like that after i typed it in. sry
If you had to write it a Nicer way would have been:

I am surprised CAC received a bid based on how they performed day 1 however they always seem to knock it out of the ball park on day two..

I am not trying to give you a lesson and we respect your opinion however you dont need to add extra digs within your posts like "...and then wins for some reason."

i will remind you that the scoring at NCA was 20/80...

oh well i was told it 80/20 that is why i was so confused

That might have been the quickest edit I've ever seen. So now at least one of us knows that you really did mean it to be rude.

i wasnt trying to be rude okay. really you will not believe this but she is here and she wrote that, that is why i changed it so fast. now i know you wont believe me but its true so yeah. its not an excuse or a lie i am telling the truth but yeah i didnt mean to start drama

Back