College Nca Partner Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
hey guys. If anyone could give me any kind of information in regards to NCA partner stunt, it would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I saw on the website is when the tape is due and a very vague description of the requirements. One of the guys on my team suggested that we do partner stunt this year, and we would do UCA except the deadline for the video is November 1st, and seeing as I'm not cleared until december, that won't work. We already know we probably don't stand much of a chance, but its something we want to try anyway. I figured there are probably people on the boards that have done it or know someone who has. thanks.

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

Last year you could qualify at Nationals. Other then that, all I know is there's an open division and a college division. I wouldn't count myself out if I were you, last year there was a LOT of drops, and a lot of the non top 5 stuff wasn't too fancy :)

Last year you could qualify at Nationals. Other then that, all I know is there's an open division and a college division. I wouldn't count myself out if I were you, last year there was a LOT of drops, and a lot of the non top 5 stuff wasn't too fancy :)

The open division has been droped

My advice is just look on youtube at old NCA videos. Alot of people post there qualifying videos, Ik SFA has a bunch of vids posted, look at those to get a feel for it and maybe get some ideas. But all ik is there isnt much "requirement" per say. Judges like to see certain things such as usage of both arms, and variety between twisting and flipping stunts and creative transitions are looked for as well. All of our couples have started filming which is a whole process by itself. So the sooner you guys have an idea of what you want to do for a routine the earlier you can film. NCA takes a good amount of couples so i wouldn't tell yourself you don't stand a chance.

Don't a lot of people film something that is close to their routine? If that is the case like @Littlestunter4848 said I would just go on youtube or facebook and watch videos from past years (team USA stunt videos pay work too) to get an idea and then come up with a routine that fits your strengths as a flyer and base.

Don't a lot of people film something that is close to their routine? If that is the case like @Littlestunter4848 said I would just go on youtube or facebook and watch videos from past years (team USA stunt videos pay work too) to get an idea and then come up with a routine that fits your strengths as a flyer and base.

A lot of people do similar stunts yea. But a lot of the times the routine u see on film is different than what they show up with. It depends on the stunter, some like to submit a clean nicely executed routine for their video and then add more difficulty once they been accepted, or visa versa. Ive seen it all across the board, stunters that have identical routines, and stutners that have complete different.

A lot of people do similar stunts yea. But a lot of the times the routine u see on film is different than what they show up with. It depends on the stunter, some like to submit a clean nicely executed routine for their video and then add more difficulty once they been accepted, or visa versa. Ive seen it all across the board, stunters that have identical routines, and stutners that have complete different.

so the routine is allowed to change then?
i'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but i am trying to be realistic. i have not cheered since may, and i will not be back until december... that gives us about a month to get something together, plus i'm technically still on our competition team (whether i'll be practicing as a competitor or alternate is still to be determined) which means i'll have three a days... so its quite the sticky situation lol still, it sounded like a good idea, mine as well give it a shot! thanks for the advice :)

i'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but i am trying to be realistic. i have not cheered since may, and i will not be back until december... that gives us about a month to get something together, plus i'm technically still on our competition team (whether i'll be practicing as a competitor or alternate is still to be determined) which means i'll have three a days... so its quite the sticky situation lol still, it sounded like a good idea, mine as well give it a shot! thanks for the advice :)
Three days of dedication, bumps, bruises and falls are going to feel like the best kind of hell to you after being out for so long! Plus, the accomplishment of whatever you achieve in that time is gonna make you feel a million bucks. Doesn't matter if you don't qualify, don't win, just getting back in the air and flying is going to make it worth the work. Promise.

Three days of dedication, bumps, bruises and falls are going to feel like the best kind of hell to you after being out for so long! Plus, the accomplishment of whatever you achieve in that time is gonna make you feel a million bucks. Doesn't matter if you don't qualify, don't win, just getting back in the air and flying is going to make it worth the work. Promise.

aww thanks girl! i know you're right.

haha and i meant practice 3 times a day, not 3 days lol we have 3 a day practices the whole month of christmas break before nationals.

3 a day practices?! We can't even get our team to commit to three times a WEEK (disclaimer: we don't cheer at games, and half the team isn't even in college, it's complicated, we're international - that should explain it lol!). What are you even worrying about! You'll be back on top in no time ;)

Good Luck with UCA! ull have time to recover after UCA to get ur NCA routine together, let me know if yall end up submitting a video and qualifying or not! and once again good luck!

Back