College Need Advice On Partner Stunting!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 24, 2015
Hey all, this is my first year as a flyer and I'm needing some advice. I live in Canada so partner stunting isn't anywhere near what it is in the states (for the most part obviously) and though me and my stunting partner have toss to hands/extension easily I was wondering if anyone has tips for either the base or the flyer for starting to move onto libs? I just can't seem to find articles online or anything for this seemingly simple skill.
Any help is very appreciated!

What about libs?

I am sure there will be more than enough replies soon enough, but what specifically in regards to a coed lib are you guys struggling with? Driving it to the top? Keeping the skill up? Etc?

Biggesr tip without knowing where you are in the progression:

Don't try to balance yourself.

Stay still and squeeze.

Don't lift your leg too fast for the lib. Give your partner time to press you into lib. If you're tossing straight to lib, don't try to "save" it yourself. Your partner should be the one to help fix anything wonky, just squeeze.

What about libs?

I am sure there will be more than enough replies soon enough, but what specifically in regards to a coed lib are you guys struggling with? Driving it to the top? Keeping the skill up? Etc?
Don't lift your leg too fast for the lib. Give your partner time to press you into lib. If you're tossing straight to lib, don't try to "save" it yourself. Your partner should be the one to help fix anything wonky, just squeeze.

Biggesr tip without knowing where you are in the progression:

Don't try to balance yourself.

Stay still and squeeze.

Thank you all for your responses!! We just were looking for tips prior to us trying them so at the time of posting we hadn't tried yet. Turns out we had nothing to worry about and hit it on the first try! So thank you all!

Pull your shoulders back and bring your hips forward slightly more than you would for a group stunt. You can't stand on a partner stunt the same way you do group stunts (In part, I think, because group stunts teach flyers to stand in a way that encourages falls to go backwards, but in partner stunting backwards is the worst direction you can possibly fall).

Have your base lay on his back and hold you in an "extension" with someone holding your hips to stabilize, then move his feet in to a target, then have him give a small pop and adjust his hand over, then pull your lib. As a coach I tend to find that teaching people to go hands - target - lib is easier than working hands - lib right off the bat, which can be much harder to learn/control.

Back