All-Star Advice about trying out at 21

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A

Anonymous

Hoping I can get some advice as I am currently freaking out, haha.

I am 21F, with one season of all-star under my belt (level 2 when I was 10 lol). I have missed cheer so much for the past decade and decided one night last week that I might go for it and try out somewhere since I quit my college sport recently. I emailed my nearest gym (a POPULAR one) to ask if it was worth trying out with basically 0 skills and they replied saying I should come in and try partner stunting- and if I get the hang of it quickly they may be able to find space for me on a Worlds team, since those are the only 18+ teams they are fielding right now.

Although it is exciting, I’m slightly panicking about the idea of going in and having to learn coed stunting as a female AND having to be decent at it the first few times in order to potentially make a Worlds team my first year cheering💀. i think I’m going to go for it- but any advice on being old and starting cheer again and tips for coed stunting would be much appreciated!

First, relax. The more pressure and stress you put on yourself, the more your anxiety is going to make it difficult to fly.
Go in with an open mind. The worst that happens is that you are in the same spot you're in now. Have fun with it. There's nothing to lose.

First, relax. The more pressure and stress you put on yourself, the more your anxiety is going to make it difficult to fly.
Go in with an open mind. The worst that happens is that you are in the same spot you're in now. Have fun with it. There's nothing to lose.
I am basing!!

I am basing!!
Even better. Use your legs, not your back. Basing is all about timing and finding the rhythm of the stunt. Keep your elbows in, your face out of the middle while loading, and stay centered. You can do it.

21 is not old. If you have the strength, wanting to learn and can pick up technique.. No harm in at least trying!

Sorry, I know it's a bit late.. But if anyone else was to read this, I do want to encourage y'all :)

Back