High School Need Help With Cheer Awards

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2012
Every year at our sports banquet, the senior cheerleaders receive an award for leadership. I only have 1 senior this year, but leadership just doesn't seem to fit her that well. This girl has the most amazing attitude, always willing to do anything I ask, has a smile on her face all the time, and never complains. She doesn't really push te rest of the team to do their best because she avoids conflict. She deserves to be recognized but can't figure out what the award should be named.
I only have 7 girls this year and like I said one is a senior and typically they are the only ones recognized, but I have a junior on the team that last year was a main flyer and this year is mostly an extra. She's never complained, always willing to do anything I ask, and is always happy. I know it's hard to go from the spotlight to an extra but she's done it and I have so much respect for her. I want to recognize her as well but what do you call that award, the team player award?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

At our school we have a Mental Attitude award and an MVP award. Team Player would be good, maybe a Spirit award?

We do a few awards. We have te coaches award which sounds similar to your leadership award, an MVP award, an unsung hero award for someone who doesn't always get the recognition they deserve, rookie of the year and the warrior award(our mascot is warrior) for the most standout member.

I think you should give the leadership award to the senior. She might not lead by telling people how things should be done, but she leads by example, and that is so hard to come by.

Back