All-Star Netflix Cheer 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i am disgusted that Jerri gets the last word on Ep 5 and not the boys......i am disgusted that the CA owners did not care at all, that they may have a predator in the gym, so he had 2 more months to "play"....just like gymnastics...

Irony- USA Today was the one to release the pedophilia issues of cheer and gymnastics, but then USA Today Life Tweets on 1/11/22:

"When most of the public things of pedophilia, they assume it's synonymous with child sexual abuse. A pedophile is an adult who is sexually attracted to children, but not all pedophiles abuse kids, and some people who sexually abuse kids are not pedophiles."

What in the world?! This tweet was removed along with the apology because it caused such an uproar.

If anything, this series did a good job of showing how fame can provide a inflated sense of self and entitlement. It did a good job of showing how confusing relationships can be when a person you love or care about commits a horrid crime. This series, also, showed how youth sports often provide relationships many kids have never experienced and when that relationship ends, the abrupt closure can be devastating.
With that said, it would have been a better documentary on SM fame and youth sports, youth turning adults in youth sports, SM messaging and dangers, etc. instead of "Cheer 2."

I still haven't watched it, and to be honest I don't know if I will. I enjoyed the first season and was so happy to see the sport portrayed as we all know it to be. Then everything happened, and we all got to see it as the sport we all wish it wasn't. Not sure I want to go there again.

I was in shock.

Hello I’m back from the “fierceboard” dead since 2012ish.

Cheered at UCF a year. Many years at Ace.

What was shown… was pretty dang accurate on what happens.

Coaches cover things up. Varsity & colleges pick and choose what they wants to show and put effort into. It’s all about money. The image. The win.

I excitedly watched Cheer 2 this week, just finished watching the whole season, I actually skipped the Jerry episode and watched it last, I wanted to see Angel Rice, Jaden Rice, Dee Joseph, etc… I was excited, but at the same time disappointed with the focus solely on cheering, I wondered why no mentioned was ever given to the students going to classes or studies, like last season. I thought that the team camaraderie was missing too, these athletes did not have fun together, outside of the practice.
Despite this,
I did liked they covered “gay” perception for the male cheerleaders. I still remembered when my daughter cheered, I knew so many powerful male athletes, (tumblers), I tried to bring to the gym and their parents will refused to allow them to join cheer squads, and instead will pushed them towards power tumbling or gymnastics. The TVCC cheer squad show a nice balance of masculine cheerleaders, the show touched on the problem these male athletes have with cheered. Most male athletes are pushed towards being gymnasts, power tumblers, etc… I still remembered the Moms’ with boys they convinced to cheer, mostly because many of the gyms did not charge a fee to male athletes and many of these male athletes had sisters, who cheered on the team, and these moms’ will need to pay their sons’ to cheer, smile and perform… Well, In the North, cheer is still having trouble attracting masculine male athletes, and this is not good for the sport. js

Last edited:
I excitedly watched Cheer 2 this week, just finished watching the whole season, I actually skipped the Jerry episode and watched it last, I wanted to see Angel Rice, Jaden Rice, Dee Joseph, etc… I was excited, but at the same time disappointed with the focus solely on cheering, I wondered why no mentioned was ever given to the students going to classes or studies, like last season. I thought that the team camaraderie was missing too, these athletes did not have fun together, outside of the practice.
Despite this,
I did liked they covered “gay” perception for the male cheerleaders. I still remembered when my daughter cheered, I knew so many powerful male athletes, (tumblers), I tried to bring to the gym and their parents will refused to allow them to join cheer squads, and instead will pushed them towards power tumbling or gymnastics. The TVCC cheer squad show a nice balance of masculine cheerleaders, the show touched on the problem these male athletes have with cheered. Most male athletes are pushed towards being gymnasts, power tumblers, etc… I still remembered the Moms’ with boys they convinced to cheer, mostly because many of the gyms did not charge a fee to male athletes and many of these male athletes had sisters, who cheered on the team, and these moms’ will need to pay their sons’ to cheer, smile and perform… Well, In the North, cheer is still having trouble attracting masculine male athletes, and this is not good for the sport. js
There probably wasn't a huge focus on school because they did that coverage last season. With the additional coverage of TVCC, the Jerry situation, and everything else, it just wasn't as important for the season's progression.

I think what they did with the Jerry situation was well done. They didn't talk about it at all except for that one episode, so it was easy for those who didn't want to watch it to not have to. I'm not sure how I felt about the show adding scenes of him throughout before that, though. It was a little weird knowing what happened and seeing him in those shots.

I will say, I'm happy they focused on other people this season outside of Lexi, Morgan, and the originals who they focused on in Season 1. I think it showed that cheer is more than a few people on your team and it's far more than one gym.

I hope they end up doing more on competitive cheer in the future, though. That would probably end up needing to be a whole new show ha!

@JBS I am curious if you watched. If so, what are your thoughts from a gymnastics v. all-star parent view?

I think what they did with the Jerry situation was well done. They didn't talk about it at all except for that one episode, so it was easy for those who didn't want to watch it to not have to. I'm not sure how I felt about the show adding scenes of him throughout before that, though. It was a little weird knowing what happened and seeing him in those shots.

I will say, I'm happy they focused on other people this season outside of Lexi, Morgan, and the originals who they focused on in Season 1. I think it showed that cheer is more than a few people on your team and it's far more than one gym.

I hope they end up doing more on competitive cheer in the future, though. That would probably end up needing to be a whole new show ha!
I don't see that changing. They focus on College since College-age tends to be 18 and up.

Despite this,

I always thought, if we’re going to go by crude stereotypes, that the high-contact sport with boys AND girls was way “straighter” than the high-contact sport with only boys. But whatever, toxic masculinity. Do you.

Back