All-Star Netflix Cheer 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I’m not the biggest Navarro
Fan but I loved season 1 because it truly shows the athleticism of the sport. The thing that made season 2 good iz TVCC! It’s surprised me how good they are, the dynamic of the team, Jada is such a bad b**** and Vontae really knows what he’s doing. She seems like such a good coach. The GOOSEBUMPS I got after watching the routine day 2 in last episode!! I watched Dees tumbling pass over and over again. Haven’t been such a big fan of a team since senior elite 2010 lol. They really were what made the season for me good. Who is coming back next season?

Also…where can I buy tvcc shirt? I need one in my life😂

I’m not the biggest Navarro
Fan but I loved season 1 because it truly shows the athleticism of the sport. The thing that made season 2 good iz TVCC! It’s surprised me how good they are, the dynamic of the team, Jada is such a bad b**** and Vontae really knows what he’s doing. She seems like such a good coach. The GOOSEBUMPS I got after watching the routine day 2 in last episode!! I watched Dees tumbling pass over and over again. Haven’t been such a big fan of a team since senior elite 2010 lol. They really were what made the season for me good. Who is coming back next season?

Also…where can I buy tvcc shirt? I need one in my life😂

If you really want a TVCC T-Shirt, there is a link to their bookstore below LOL:

apples and oranges and likely not the same judging panels. Navarro and TVCC would have completely different records if they competed in a different division. There were years they may not have been top 3 in D1A.
At one time they competed with D1. Some off the D1 teams complained so they were moved to the junior division. In my opinion, their tumbling is some of the very best of NCA colleges.

Last edited:
I excitedly watched Cheer 2 this week, just finished watching the whole season, I actually skipped the Jerry episode and watched it last, I wanted to see Angel Rice, Jaden Rice, Dee Joseph, etc… I was excited, but at the same time disappointed with the focus solely on cheering, I wondered why no mentioned was ever given to the students going to classes or studies, like last season. I thought that the team camaraderie was missing too, these athletes did not have fun together, outside of the practice.
Despite this,
I did liked they covered “gay” perception for the male cheerleaders. I still remembered when my daughter cheered, I knew so many powerful male athletes, (tumblers), I tried to bring to the gym and their parents will refused to allow them to join cheer squads, and instead will pushed them towards power tumbling or gymnastics. The TVCC cheer squad show a nice balance of masculine cheerleaders, the show touched on the problem these male athletes have with cheered. Most male athletes are pushed towards being gymnasts, power tumblers, etc… I still remembered the Moms’ with boys they convinced to cheer, mostly because many of the gyms did not charge a fee to male athletes and many of these male athletes had sisters, who cheered on the team, and these moms’ will need to pay their sons’ to cheer, smile and perform… Well, In the North, cheer is still having trouble attracting masculine male athletes, and this is not good for the sport. js

I disagree. They weren’t asking him to shimmy and hair flip, they were asking him to smile which apparently only gay people do?

If anything it was a case study on toxic masculinity: where you’re so afraid of a perceived femininity that you suppress a facial expression that literally every human makes.

A blunted affect is not “masculine” it’s a trauma response.

I'm watching it now. With my Dad who is a NCAA sports fan but knows nothing about cheer except for occasionally watching videos of CP's teams and what he sees at college games.

I really wish they would have skipped 2020 entirely, did a special episode on the Jerry thing, and then focused on 2021, because seeing Jerry in the team scenes is jarring. I know they are chronologically before the whole mess came out, but seeing him there, and especially getting accolades knowing what he really is feels wrong.

Also, TVCC's not allowing college cheerleaders to also do All Star seems like a good choice.

Lol the reason they stopped winning is because of that rule. That specifically is what torpedoed their program. They talked about it in the show.

apples and oranges and likely not the same judging panels. Navarro and TVCC would have completely different records if they competed in a different division. There were years they may not have been top 3 in D1A.
I agree. If you look at skills in Stunts and pyramids they are definitely not comparable to the other divisions in difficulty and they would most likely score lower. They always do very flashy sequences with a lot of fluff but if you look at the actual skill it’s not the hardest you can do in Level 7. I am always wondering why they never show any rewinds. Tumbling might be a plus for them aswell as overall flow of routine.

From what I have seen at cheer clinics and feedback from my daughter, rewinds are actually one of the easier coed skills. Skills such as one to ones and extended hand to hands seem to be more difficult. I do think junior colleges usually have guys that are new to coed stunting. By the time they transfer to a University their coed skills seem to have gotten stronger. Sometimes their tumbling skills decrease due to getting older, all the beating, injuries, wear and tear that comes from tumbling on dead mat.

Last edited:
From what I have seen at cheer clinics and feedback from my daughter, rewinds are actually one of the easier coed skills. Skills such as one to ones and extended hand to hands seem to be more difficult. I do think junior colleges usually have guys that are new to coed stunting. By the time they transfer to a University their coed skills seem to have gotten stronger. Sometimes their tumbling skills decrease due to getting older, all the beating, injuries, wear and tear that comes from tumbling on dead mat.
That’s a fair point and I’m not trying to degrade their skills my any means . I was just pointing this out because of you compare the actual skill of Weber to TVCC or Navarro, I don’t think they would score as close if they were in the same division.
Then again I don’t know the NCA Score Sheet at all so maybe I am way off here 😅

I completely agree that Weber stunts are insane! They are on a different level! Many of the athletes on that team, use to be at Tvcc or Navarro. Weber got grand champ! They deserved it! Ironically, they were only against one other team. Lol

Last edited:
NCA scoresheet is also easy to max out. Teams just have to hit the scoresheet. It’s not like Worlds were everything is a comparison.

Back