All-Star Never Forget

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was 2 years old. In Italy at the time. I don't remember anything, but my heart goes out to anyone directly affected <3

I was actually working for an Iranian dentist at the time. I remember him going into his office and just completely losing it. He was devastated. After that, he found a big American flag and put it in the office window. We cancelled the rest of our day and just sat huddled around a TV we had in the back room. There were patients still in the office who were back there watching it with us. We didn't know what to say or how to react. It was horrible sitting there watching it unfold right before our eyes.

The world is a different place now. We lost our innocence as Americans on that day, and we will never be the same. One thing that will not change, though, is our spirit of determination and the ability to dust ourselves off and go on.

I will never forget.

Surprisingly, I remember that day. I was in first grade. I remember the long moments of silence we had multiple times that day. I remember my teacher, Mrs. Barbary, running in and out of the classroom. I remember the confusion and sadness I felt at 6 years old when my mom told me that a lot of people had died in a plane crash. Of course now I truly understand what happened on that September day, and my heart and prayers go out to all affected by it in any way.

Back