New Cheer Sponsor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Don't jump the gun on anything. A coach hasn't been officially appointed yet & chances are the school will not want to hire outside current certified teachers if they do not have to. There is still A LOT of time between then and now. Just because this mom is telling rumors, does not mean that they will come true. Change is going to happen with any new coach (some good changes , some bad), but don't worry too much until it is closer to tryouts.
If anything, have a group of those concerned talk with the AD about supporting a new coach that is safety certified, has experience coaching, does not have conflict of interest with children in the program, etc. (assuming this woman does not have prior coach experience, etc.).

This is great advice. I am open to change and look forward to some of the changes ahead. I always try to keep a positive outlook on everything. :). You are absolutely right in regards to "the powers that be" wanting to use a current teacher on staff. It seems most of you have very involved Athletic Directors. Unfortunately, ours currently has no interest in the cheer program. I feel that this is another potential change in the future. It appears that my concerns are also the concerns of some of our administrators who want to find the perfect fit for our program. Thank you, again, for your input.

Back