All-Star New Gym Acquisitions 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My only thing in regards to all of this is that you become a Jack of All Trades but do you ever master them?

Cheer, possible Olympic training, power tumbling, owning a business. You generally cannot excel at all of them. You are going to be good at one or two and sort of mediocre at most others.

Kind of like those kids we all know who are on two cheer teams, dance, compete in pageants, take horseback riding lessons and play soccer.

You are not going to be amazing at all 5. You're going to be kind of okay at 3-4 and good at one.

Which is okay if you're not trying to excel at something and are just doing it because you enjoy it, but you cannot have elite level expectations for all 5 activities.

Just F.Y.I. to all who think she meant making the power tumbling team for team U.S.A., there is no power tumbling in the Olympics. The gymnastics programme at the Olympics only consists of artistic (which was what was implied by the host when he said "apparatus", "beam" etc.), rhythmic and trampoline events.

I'm sorry to play the devil's advocate here, but even if she was targeting the 2020 Olympics, there is no way you can just hop onto an apparatus like a 10cm-wide balance beam and expect to pull off a standing arabian, front aerial or layout stepout (which are elements of what the top 4 U.S.A. gymnasts are pretty much expected to be able to perform) within the next 4 years, even with all the training in the world. There's still the requirement of performing on 3 other apparatus, bars would especially be difficult. Even with floor, it's not all tumbling, you need to be able to perform leaps and turns......

I could be very wrong in saying this, but I feel like someone is putting her up for everything she's been involved with recently. I can't imagine a 16-year old wanting so much change in her life (changes that weigh so heavily on responsibility) especially after such an intense season of cheerleading away from home. You'd think that returning home would mean she gets to be a teenager doing regular teenager things again and spending time with family...... but it's clearly not that way. I don't know, something feels very forced about all of this.

Having said that, I do wish her the best on whatever she decided to pursue..... I just don't want to see her burn out at such a young age.

Great post and took the words from my mouth.

soooo..... it's completely ok to talk about a particular athlete in this thread but it is not ok to start a thread about same athlete? :confused:

IMO it is completely ok to talk about an athlete who promotes themselves, and I think the poster that started the AR thread is a huge issue, but I think we all need to recognize the double standard we have here on the board.

PCM Arizona and AZ Force have merged

11392989_427400957442147_8407667851790377749_n.jpg

How many gyms does PCM have now? 10 or 11? I feel like they opened so many new ones this year!
It depends on if you count this as a new gym or not, I can't tell from the announcement if it will be two AZ gyms or just one, but this year they have announced Redding, Santa Barbara , Five Cities and now this.

previously they had: Anaheim, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Murieta, High Desert, Arizona and Vacaville. So 10 or 11.

It depends on if you count this as a new gym or not, I can't tell from the announcement if it will be two AZ gyms or just one, but this year they have announced Redding, Santa Barbara , Five Cities and now this.

previously they had: Anaheim, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Murieta, High Desert, Arizona and Vacaville. So 10 or 11.
The AZ gym will be ooerating out of the AZ Allstars Force building so there will just be one location

Congratulations to PCM! I enjoy watching their teams every season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back