All-Star New Gym Acquisitions 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe Mama is a very well known power tumbling coach. I have no idea if she has stunting knowledge, but I don't think it would be too hard to learn for someone who understands the sports and the mechanics of the body.

I can't say I understand why they're opening a gym. I would think that if AR wanted to coach, she could start as a junior coach at Stingrays, but I don't know the whole story. I'm not waiting for her to fail, but I hope she realizes how difficult this will be, ESPECIALLY in the Atlanta. Girlfriend seems to be really hardworking and passionate, from what I've heard, so best of luck to her.

Angel's Mom works at another gym. Sure she has a non-compete.

There was a bit of controversy with that Gym. Gabi was there and left. Angel was there for one year. Is that gym still open??

No. We have family in GA and have been working with Tonya Rice during all of Droplets time in cheer. She is a fantastic coach and there were always girls from Rays and ATA there working with her when we were there. She was great for trinity but I think was really their only positive attribute. The last time we went to her (Christmas 2014) she was working at ATA. We are huge Rice fans in our house.. I think Tonya, Angel, and Kiki are some of the most humble and dedicated coaches Droplet has worked with. They made loads of time to work with her, even during the holidays, back when she couldn't tumble to save her little 6 year old life. I wish I could find the video of Angel trying to syncro tumble with her the first time she threw her back handspring. So sweet. I hope they have great success in their adventures!

No. We have family in GA and have been working with Tonya Rice during all of Droplets time in cheer. She is a fantastic coach and there were always girls from Rays and ATA there working with her when we were there. She was great for trinity but I think was really their only positive attribute. The last time we went to her (Christmas 2014) she was working at ATA. We are huge Rice fans in our house.. I think Tonya, Angel, and Kiki are some of the most humble and dedicated coaches Droplet has worked with. They made loads of time to work with her, even during the holidays, back when she couldn't tumble to save her little 6 year old life. I wish I could find the video of Angel trying to syncro tumble with her the first time she threw her back handspring. So sweet. I hope they have great success in their adventures!
Actually, I am happy to hear great news about this young person (Angel) and her family from an actual customer... I change my stance on this family's business venture and had I lived in the area, I would not hesitate to give them a try, based on the mother's reputation as a power tumbling coach, moreso, on Angel's name. Unfortunately, I still see Angel as a minor and I know she cannot be held legally responsible in any business transactions...
I think the Mother's reputation made be a bigger draw for the older athletes and Angel's name maybe able to draw in the younger athletes. jmo

Off topic but Droplet is on Cheer Extreme?? Because I was watching CEA tryouts videos and I saw her and tought wait isn't this kid DropAndRun cp? and than tought naaah she is on ICE why would she be on CEA. But I probbaly really saw her. Hope she is on butterflys :)

Off topic but Droplet is on Cheer Extreme?? Because I was watching CEA tryouts videos and I saw her and tought wait isn't this kid DropAndRun cp? and than tought naaah she is on ICE why would she be on CEA. But I probbaly really saw her. Hope she is on butterflys :)

Actually she is! We moved to NC once the kids got out of school for the summer to be closer to our family. We have actually been trying to move since before we even went to ICE but it took us over a year to sell our house in Indiana. You see her tumble a few times and stand there when they talk to the little ones at the beginning of the tryout video. You can also find her side basing the far left stunt on the YE video from camp. I think she's in the teal reveal video too. She is so happy there!!

Old news but not mentioned yet, Reign Athletics from Mustang, OK joined the Tribe family so we officially have two locations now!

And I wouldn't really classify that as a "lie". She could have been inferring that Courtney had never done THIS type of cheer a day in her life. There is a far cry between power tumbling + cheer and "rah rah sis boom bah" cheer. Also "cheering all 4 years of high school" would constitute as AFTER 9th grade which is after Betsy said she had never cheered before.
The reason for the snark is because it VERY apparent you are not a fan of CEA or Courtney regardless of your username. You constantly backhand the program while at the same time professing your undying love for it. It's confusing...

Keep in mind the difference between cheer today and back then. HS and Allstar were pretty similar skill level wise once upon a time.

apparently CEA is opening a gym in King, NC
Now, I've been generally confused by lots of the gyms the program's opened over the years, but this one confuses me the most. I live about 25 minutes from King, and King...that's a really low income area. Lots of farmland. Businesses struggle to stay afloat out there. And the Winston Salem gym is only 25 minutes away...I am so heavily confused by this. Maybe just a tumbling gym for commuters??

Now, I've been generally confused by lots of the gyms the program's opened over the years, but this one confuses me the most. I live about 25 minutes from King, and King...that's a really low income area. Lots of farmland. Businesses struggle to stay afloat out there. And the Winston Salem gym is only 25 minutes away...I am so heavily confused by this. Maybe just a tumbling gym for commuters??

What about the proximity to the Roanoke VA gym which is only 2 hours? What other cheer gyms are in that area? Like them or not, CEA never opens a gym without an internal reason that makes sense when you look at their entire business model. You also have to remember that in the current mega gym frenzy, you must keep feeding the beast, so to speak in order to grow. Feeder gyms are a must for their survival.

What about the proximity to the Roanoke VA gym which is only 2 hours? What other cheer gyms are in that area? Like them or not, CEA never opens a gym without an internal reason that makes sense when you look at their entire business model. You also have to remember that in the current mega gym frenzy, you must keep feeding the beast, so to speak in order to grow. Feeder gyms are a must for their survival.
Never said I didn't like them. They've gotten thousands of dollars from my family over the years :D but I guess I do see what you're getting at...it just makes very little sense knowing the area and knowing that this gym is probably in the middle of a corn field in Stokes County-middle-of-nowhere-USA, lol.

Never said I didn't like them. They've gotten thousands of dollars from my family over the years :D but I guess I do see what you're getting at...it just makes very little sense knowing the area and knowing that this gym is probably in the middle of a corn field in Stokes County-middle-of-nowhere-USA, lol.

No shade meant or inferred. :) I just know that there is a reason. We will just wait together and watch it play out.

ETA is Kings Cheer and Tumble still open? They are in King, NC

Back