New Here ;) Where To Ask For Gym Rec's ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've lived in both the Dallas area and Houston. My vote would be DFW - I'm not sure you could pay me enough to live in Houston again (maybe the northern suburbs, but even then it's not likely).

I've lived in both the Dallas area and Houston. My vote would be DFW - I'm not sure you could pay me enough to live in Houston again (maybe the northern suburbs, but even then it's not likely).
I could never live here in Houston. The summer weather alone is enough for me to make that decision lol. Glad I'm only here for 4 more weeks, then I'll be living in Dallas next year!

Some areas around Houston like The Woodlands and Conroe are very nice. If you have any questions about Houston gyms feel free to PM, but have to warn you I am partial to Woodlands Elite! My CP's cheered there last season and we absolutely love them.

Thank you! I'll definitely keep you in mind as we get closer to picking a city :)
And I totally understand, we adore our current gym

We love the heat lol.
You should be fine with the heat in Dallas or Houston, but the humidity in Houston is so much worse. Being that much closer to the water makes it miserable in my opinion. I like the heat too, but would never willingly choose to live in Houston strictly because of the humidity

We were stationed in Corpus Christi over a summer and the humidity definitely took some getting used to lol. I'm sure my CP would hate it at first :( high humidity here is like 15% lol

hi! new and wasn't sure where to ask this so figured the newbie section was the safest spot. my 6yo is doing her first full year of cheer this year, she loves it. we are considering moving in about a year, and because she loves cheer so much we want to make sure that wherever we move she can continue doing it at a good gym. i We currently live in rural nevada, and she attends five star athletics (we love them and will be sad to leave if we do!) we are considering several places in Texas; houston, outskirts of dallas/ft worth, corpus christi, san antonio, pretty much anywhere except Austin, the pan handle and any further south than corpus area. we are also considering spring field MO. i have no idea where to even begin looking for gyms in those areas.

Right now we drive about 45mi to her gym and would like to keep it less than 2hrs commuting, she has younger siblings and they get awfully bored with too much driving.
ICON Cheer in Springfield! Owner is fantastic and the sportsmanship her athletes display is top notch!

If you end up in Springfield, All Star Patriots are in Nixa which is pretty close! A new gym is opening in Springfield this year called Cenergy Cheer. It's kind of a collaboration between Arkansas Dynamix and The Cheer Pitt. I don't know much about Arkansas Dynamix but TCP always has extremely successful teams with great routines!
I will second TCP as a great looking gym! I love watching their routines!

Not sure of where they are located but PPs all mentioned them anyway. Cheer Athletics and Woodlands Elite are both great (and huge) programs. CP's coach from last season drove from OKC to Texas all year the previous year to cheer for Spirit of Texas. They must be pretty awesome too!

Latest posts

Back