New Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Welcome @gymmomla !

My Minirazzi (now age 10) cheered the last two seasons - first season as the only youth-aged boy, second season as one of two. Never bothered him to be with all those girls either.
Having a boy cheerleader is SO much easier...no extra bras, no bows, no curling hair at 5am...Just "Here, eat this donut and grab your uni. We meet in 20 minutes."
Like mini needed sugar, lol

Big announcement coming soon...

I also have an 8 year old boy CP. This is his 4th season of cheer (1/2 year season of Tiny 1 followed by 3 seasons of Mini 2). He has always been the only boy on his team and that has never really bothered him.

It's great to see young boys getting involved in the sport!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My boy CP was drawn to the sport because his older sister did it and he was exposed to it for a few years. Not sure he would have ended up doing cheer if he was my only child. I also have an older son who has no interest in cheer other than an occasion open gym.

I'm confused. In an earlier post you said their were no gyms close by so where is the other gym that's not keeping boys from?

The gymnastics gym cancelled boys class cause they couldn't keep a coach

Thank u everyone it's nice to hear from other parents ! I got a reAlly offensive message from one of my " friends " this morning about male gymnasts .. So it's nice come on here and see support ❗

Last edited:
Thank u everyone it's nice to hear from other parents ! I got a reAlly offensive message from one of my " friends " this morning about male gymnasts .. So it's nice come on here and see support ❗

My CP16 decided to be a male cheerleader as he entered the 6th grade. You can imagine what the middle school years were like. I doubt he's much different from any of the other boys in that respect.

I don't believe I'd be keeping that "friend"ship at this point.

I love seeing boys start cheerleading/tumbling at a young age. It makes me so happy! Our youth team competed with a team that had a boy on it last season and every girl on our team thought he was "sooo cute" ;) Whatever your son chooses to do, just support him all you can. If anyone tries to be negative or make him think he shouldn't do gymnastics or cheer, politely remind them it's none of their business :D Best of luck to y'all, keep us updated!

My CP16 decided to be a male cheerleader as he entered the 6th grade. You can imagine what the middle school years were like. I doubt he's much different from any of the other boys in that respect.

I don't believe I'd be keeping that "friend"ship at this point.

Yeah it really was offensive .. I told the person that I didn't find it funny whatsoever ..:(

Yeah it really was offensive .. I told the person that I didn't find it funny whatsoever ..:(

If it involved the gay thing, lemme tell ya, honey. We've got memes and quotes and too much proof that they're not all gay, and if they are, chances are pretty good they're more fierce than your "friend's" girl. Every day of the week. *snap* *hair flip* *sashay away*

If it involved the gay thing, lemme tell ya, honey. We've got memes and quotes and too much proof that they're not all gay, and if they are, chances are pretty good they're more fierce than your "friend's" girl. Every day of the week. *snap* *hair flip* *sashay away*
It was completely inappropriate but cp16 came back once with a "I have PERMISSION to put my hands there on a girl and you think I'M gay?! Whatever." As a response...

I just acted like I didn't hear it and carried on :D

#badmom

Welcome @gymmomla !

My Minirazzi (now age 10) cheered the last two seasons - first season as the only youth-aged boy, second season as one of two. Never bothered him to be with all those girls either.
Having a boy cheerleader is SO much easier...no extra bras, no bows, no curling hair at 5am...Just "Here, eat this donut and grab your uni. We meet in 20 minutes."

Somehow I never realized that mini was a boy! I need to pay attention better :)

Sadly that may not be the only one. My cp endured that for years. Helped him become a very strong, independent, confident young man. Also helped push him to try being a decent cheerleader.

Somehow I never realized that mini was a boy! I need to pay attention better :)

Sacha Fierce - oldest, girl
Littlerazzi - middle child, girl
Minirazzi - the baby, boy
Hollywood - awesome puggle dog, girl
Phoebe - smelly cat, girl
Vida - black cat, girl

Can't imagine why you would think the trend wouldn't continue in our house.

Back