New Mini Level 1 Coach!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 16, 2013
I coach Tiny and Mini level 1. Any fun ideas on how to help the kids focus more? Its more so towards my Tiny's. does anyone know of any fun games/ ways to help them remember jumps and motions? Thanks!

I coach Tiny and Mini level 1. Any fun ideas on how to help the kids focus more? Its more so towards my Tiny's. does anyone know of any fun games/ ways to help them remember jumps and motions? Thanks!

After watching a few mini's and tiny's at a recent competition, I have no advice for you but want to bless you for trying! They were SOOO incredibly cute but at that age they have the attention span of a gnat.
One little boy on one team lost his shoe and then lost his ability to go on. Bless his sweet little heart. The coach tried but he wasn't having it and left the stage in her arms.

Well thank you! We've learned that bribery works well (I.e. candy, bows, prizes) but it would be nice to do some games or something fun to get them MORE involved.....if that makes any sense?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Turn whatever their doing into a game or contest! Like tell them whoever can do their stunt the best gets candy or whoever has the best forward roll gets a sticker! That's what I would do when I coached little kids tumbling and it got them soooo motivated to want to be better!

My cp's mini coach makes going over marking for the routine into a game like musical chairs. When the music stops, you are out if you are not in synch. They seemed to enjoy it and definitely got their choreo down.

My cp's mini coach makes going over marking for the routine into a game like musical chairs. When the music stops, you are out if you are not in synch. They seemed to enjoy it and definitely got their choreo down.
That's something I'll have to try! Thanks!

Have a treasure box with candy, little toy trinkets and when it comes to nationals season, up the anty on the toys LOL. The tiny and mini kids LOVE the treasure box.

Have a treasure box with candy, little toy trinkets and when it comes to nationals season, up the anty on the toys LOL. The tiny and mini kids LOVE the treasure box.
We've been saying were gonna do this forever! We need to do it! Thank you!

Ashley

Well as your boss I'd like to say you are doing a PHENOMENAL job with those wee ones!! They are a handful to say the least and I know you're gonna whoop them into two awesome teams! Keep up the good work miss Chels!

Ashley
Thank you SO much Ash!!! :)

Chelsea

We call ours the "Awesome" box because they only get something out of it when they are being awesome at listening/paying attention or get a new skill :)

We call ours the "Awesome" box because they only get something out of it when they are being awesome at listening/paying attention or get a new skill :)
Don't they work wonders??!! The one our coach used was an actual treasure box. It was so cute!!!

Wonder where you can find an ACTUAL treasure box! I wanna put candy and stickers and bows in it!

Ashley[/quote
I bet you could find 50 girls at your gym that could bling and bedazzle the bejezus out of any box you find!

Back