OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I have a meeting tomorrow with my coach about media ways to get our program (college team) out to more people and schools. I plan on talking about updating our website since it hasn't been updated since like 2011 (yikes) and making sure there is tryout information and stuff on there, doing more frequent posts on our Facebook page (one of our assistant coaches runs it and right now the only thing that really happens on it is the occasional bulk upload of pictures, more twitter updates and like a legit twitter presence (two of my teammates made the twitter--without knowledge of my coach I believe-- and they haven't posted anything since September). Anyone have any suggestion about media ways our team info out there more to prospective cheerleaders?
Double post, oops
A lot of organizations link their instagram/twitter/facebook so that if they tweet, it goes to facebook, or if they post a photo, it goes to all of them. It's a good way to keep a presence on all of the social media without having to manually update all of them.
I looooove when college cheer teams have a social media presence - it really helps when you're looking at colleges... it's hard to get excited about a school when their cheer info is nowhere to be found. Even if I have no chance of making the team, I like to be able to see what they're up to. I've noticed a lot of the websites and social media isn't kept up to date... I think updating the website and facebook/twitter more will definitely help you be seen more! Purdue Cheer does a great job keeping up with social media, check out their facebook! So does Georgia Tech

Double post, oops
A lot of organizations link their instagram/twitter/facebook so that if they tweet, it goes to facebook, or if they post a photo, it goes to all of them. It's a good way to keep a presence on all of the social media without having to manually update all of them.
I looooove when college cheer teams have a social media presence - it really helps when you're looking at colleges... it's hard to get excited about a school when their cheer info is nowhere to be found. Even if I have no chance of making the team, I like to be able to see what they're up to. I've noticed a lot of the websites and social media isn't kept up to date... I think updating the website and facebook/twitter more will definitely help you be seen more! Purdue Cheer does a great job keeping up with social media, check out their facebook! So does Georgia Tech
Lol I think I follow Purdue Cheer on all social media, love them! And I do the same, I love checking out what other teams are up too. I didn't even think of linking them all together like that, thank you!!

Lol I think I follow Purdue Cheer on all social media, love them! And I do the same, I love checking out what other teams are up too. I didn't even think of linking them all together like that, thank you!!
Whoever is in charge of their social media is on top of it... snaps for you purdue cheer! UK is really good about it too - I follow them on instagram and they even post tumbling drills!
No problem! Twitter/facebook can be linked and then instagram can post to twitter/facebook (and tumblr!) so it makes life easier.

So I have a meeting tomorrow with my coach about media ways to get our program (college team) out to more people and schools. I plan on talking about updating our website since it hasn't been updated since like 2011 (yikes) and making sure there is tryout information and stuff on there, doing more frequent posts on our Facebook page (one of our assistant coaches runs it and right now the only thing that really happens on it is the occasional bulk upload of pictures, more twitter updates and like a legit twitter presence (two of my teammates made the twitter--without knowledge of my coach I believe-- and they haven't posted anything since September). Anyone have any suggestion about media ways our team info out there more to prospective cheerleaders?
Instagram maybe? Baylor Acro and Tumbling created an Insta and I just saw a ton of tweets/posts to follow them. And they post a lot of cool tumbling videos. Maybe e-mail the coaches of programs in your area or bigger ones? And then probably post on Twitter and tag cheerUPDATES to see if it'll get retweeted and spread around. Hope this helps!

Instagram maybe? Baylor Acro and Tumbling created an Insta and I just saw a ton of tweets/posts to follow them. And they post a lot of cool tumbling videos. Maybe e-mail the coaches of programs in your area or bigger ones? And then probably post on Twitter and tag cheerUPDATES to see if it'll get retweeted and spread around. Hope this helps!
Tagging cheerUPDATES, great idea! Thanks :)

My kids I coach are seriously the best. I have 21th birthday today and they came to my house to surprise me, they bring me a cake and sang happy birthday to me. They are so sweet!! I was so happy. best gift ever.

We have no school tomorrow... After making up this day, they start adding days to the end of the year :(

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

The #lesserYAnovel tag on twitter is killing me right now. @BuegeSmalls - I almost tagged you in my RT of "Detergent" after I saw you read the whole series in like 3 days or something lol but then I realized that might've been weird (at least I think it was you. There were a ton of people reading Divergent on my twitter feed at once a few weeks ago and I couldn't keep yall straight. I just remember favoriting everyones tweets... )

The #lesserYAnovel tag on twitter is killing me right now. @BuegeSmalls - I almost tagged you in my RT of "Detergent" after I saw you read the whole series in like 3 days or something lol but then I realized that might've been weird (at least I think it was you. There were a ton of people reading Divergent on my twitter feed at once a few weeks ago and I couldn't keep yall straight. I just remember favoriting everyones tweets... )
Yep that was me! Hahah I wouldn't have thought it was weird, I'd probably be happy that someone randomly thought of me lol. But you're gonna have to explain to me what that hashtag means! Lol

In other news, I talked to my coach tonight and got her to consider legitimately new uniforms (yay!) and I did my first coed heel stretch, it wasn't up there long (okay like 3 seconds) and it wasn't pretty but it's the first thing I've done on one leg besides a lib. It's been a successful night!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
can't just can't
tumblr_n0ot48Hp741rl0aego1_500.jpg

Yep that was me! Hahah I wouldn't have thought it was weird, I'd probably be happy that someone randomly thought of me lol. But you're gonna have to explain to me what that hashtag means! Lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Sorry for not explaining lol, the hash tag is making fun of popular young adult book titles. The "lesser" titles weren't as "strong" as the original title or they were just funny. Here were some other good ones that people had:
- "To Slightly Injure a Mockingbird"
- "48 Shades of Beige"
- "The Perks of Being a Waffle"
- "A Manageable Number of Katharines"
- "The Fault In Our S'mores"
- "City of Scones" (my favorite one)

I'm clearly procrastinating on all my school work......

Back