OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sorry for not explaining lol, the hash tag is making fun of popular young adult book titles. The "lesser" titles weren't as "strong" as the original title or they were just funny. Here were some other good ones that people had:
- "To Slightly Injure a Mockingbird"
- "48 Shades of Beige"
- "The Perks of Being a Waffle"
- "A Manageable Number of Katharines"
- "The Fault In Our S'mores"
- "City of Scones" (my favorite one)

I'm clearly procrastinating on all my school work......
Oh hahahah those are so great! I defininetly have to go checks out this hashtag. I think my favorites are The Fault In Our S'mores and To Slightly Injure a Mockingbird. Is the City of Scones originally City of Ember?

Oh hahahah those are so great! I defininetly have to go checks out this hashtag. I think my favorites are The Fault In Our S'mores and To Slightly Injure a Mockingbird. Is the City of Scones originally City of Ember?

I believe it's supposed to be making fun of City of Bones from the Mortal Instruments series. Btw, have you read The Maze Runner books yet? They remind me a lot of the Divergent series!

I believe it's supposed to be making fun of City of Bones from the Mortal Instruments series. Btw, have you read The Maze Runner books yet? They remind me a lot of the Divergent series!
Ohhh hmm I was gonna be excited that someone else had read City of Ember. I remember reading it for fun in 5th grade and then actually having to read it for school later on. Great book :) It kinda reminds me of Divergent & The Giver. I think there is a sequel or two? I haven't The Maze Runner books yet, but I finished The Fault With Our Stars on Saturday(?) and need something new to start so I'll have to check that one out! Part of me feels like my aunt might have the first book, hmmmm...

Ohhh hmm I was gonna be excited that someone else had read City of Ember. I remember reading it for fun in 5th grade and then actually having to read it for school later on. Great book :) It kinda reminds me of Divergent & The Giver. I think there is a sequel or two? I haven't The Maze Runner books yet, but I finished The Fault With Our Stars on Saturday(?) and need something new to start so I'll have to check that one out! Part of me feels like my aunt might have the first book, hmmmm...
I read City of Ember! It was required in 5th grade :p

Lol okay then maybe I read it in 4th for fun and 5th for school haha. Idk why but I always thought that book was super good even though I could probably read it in a few hours now lol
The city of ember is great, the rest of the series not so much, they put a movie out a few years ago and surprisingly it was pretty well done in my opinion.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The city of ember is great, the rest of the series not so much, they put a movie out a few years ago and surprisingly it was pretty well done in my opinion.

I think I might have read the second on but can't remember any of it. I just found out about the movie last week! I was curious if it was any good. I think I'll have to watch it now that I've gotten a good opinion on it.

haha :p I read it in a few hours in 5th grade. I was always at least 2 grades ahead on my reading level :p
Lol I probably did then too, I can't remember how long it is or how big the text is. I remember being in the accelerated reading group since like 2nd grade, reading was definitely my favorite subject! My roommate thinks that I shouldn't admit to reading for fun hahaha

Lol I probably did then too, I can't remember how long it is or how big the text is. I remember being in the accelerated reading group since like 2nd grade, reading was definitely my favorite subject! My roommate thinks that I shouldn't admit to reading for fun hahaha
haha :p I like reading too! I bought the next 2 books in the Unwind trilogy because I was in the bookstore for fun with my boyfriend and had no idea there was 2 more books :p

Ooo what's that series about?!
basically there was a 2nd civil war because of the whole Pro Choice vs. Pro Life groups and the end result was that life was sacred from conception to age 13. From age 13-18 a parent could sign an "Unwind Accord'' so the child would be unwound. Technically they'd still be living but in a divided state. So say, for instance, a man lost his arm in battle, they would take the arm from a child sent for unwinding and they would be good to go. Some people don't like this idea, especially the kids sent for unwinding, so they break out of Harvest Camps or run away before the cops come. The whole series is based on different accounts of different kids that all tie in together.

basically there was a 2nd civil war because of the whole Pro Choice vs. Pro Life groups and the end result was that life was sacred from conception to age 13. From age 13-18 a parent could sign an "Unwind Accord'' so the child would be unwound. Technically they'd still be living but in a divided state. So say, for instance, a man lost his arm in battle, they would take the arm from a child sent for unwinding and they would be good to go. Some people don't like this idea, especially the kids sent for unwinding, so they break out of Harvest Camps or run away before the cops come. The whole series is based on different accounts of different kids that all tie in together.
Whoa, sounds interesting. Gonna have to check this series out!

Told my mom I was dropping out of university to join drama school.. She wasn't too happy but said she knew I was kidding. I was only half kidding, I actually want to do it

Back