OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We have a team facebook page (one of the private ones) and I've been so annoyed with everyone on my team lately everytime someone posts something i just want to be rude... but i don't... but today they were like team bonding has been moved to next thursday, you have to be there! and i wanted to comment and be like 'nope. cant go. don't like any of you.' everyone on my team besides like 4 people annoy the living crap out of me because they're just rude. and i hate team bonding because all they do is talk crap about everyone and make fun of people... ugh

Okay this is bugging me so much, asking it here 'cause Idk where else to ask it.
Who jumped/jumps to Va Va Voom by Nicki Minaj?

I feel like such a bad mom!!
I'm so nice to my daughter and I don't even think she knows I'm so frustrated about this.

I just can't watch her he in tears day in and day out about tumbling. Even days she doesn't practice or go to open gym she cries over this.

Ill continue to take her to tumbling class, open gym, and privates for the remainder of the month. If she doesn't start throwing more then handsprings I will feel like this is detrimental to the health and well being of my daughter and I can't continue to put her through that.

By month end if she ain't over this I will stop all tumbling classes, privates, and open gyms. Let her finish the season and then pull her from Cheerleading.

Watching her get spotted on tucks and layouts when the coaches are not even touching her is so frustrating. Then they pump her up tell her she has this and they didn't even spot her. Then they walk away ... And then she won't even round off out of the corner and tears come down her face. This breaks my heart!!

Kudos to all the moms who watch their kids go through this. It is probably the hardest thing I ever watched. On one hand I tell her not to quit and give up but on the other hand my child is sick over this. When do I know if I'm doing the right thing for my daughter....

I'm so nice to my daughter and I don't even think she knows I'm so frustrated about this.

I just can't watch her he in tears day in and day out about tumbling. Even days she doesn't practice or go to open gym she cries over this.

Ill continue to take her to tumbling class, open gym, and privates for the remainder of the month. If she doesn't start throwing more then handsprings I will feel like this is detrimental to the health and well being of my daughter and I can't continue to put her through that.

By month end if she ain't over this I will stop all tumbling classes, privates, and open gyms. Let her finish the season and then pull her from Cheerleading.

Watching her get spotted on tucks and layouts when the coaches are not even touching her is so frustrating. Then they pump her up tell her she has this and they didn't even spot her. Then they walk away ... And then she won't even round off out of the corner and tears come down her face. This breaks my heart!!

Kudos to all the moms who watch their kids go through this. It is probably the hardest thing I ever watched. On one hand I tell her not to quit and give up but on the other hand my child is sick over this. When do I know if I'm doing the right thing for my daughter....
Honestly that might be exactly what she needs. The stress of going into a private thinking, I have to throw this, makes it even worse. Take away all of that and she just has practice she'll probably start to gain her confidence again and throw it when she's ready.

I feel your daughters pain, I had the worst mental block on round off back hand tucks for three years. Couldn't do a standing handspring tuck either, just standing tucks, jumps to tucks and cartwheel tucks.

Whatever happens, just let her know that you're proud of her for what she can do. For me, confidence was the key. Once I found a tumbling coach that was confident in me I became more confident in myself.

Maybe try baby steps with the spotting, like have them spot her a lot and then tell her, hey next time I'm gonna spot you just a little bit less. Once the spotter walks awake my brain always told me no freaking way. But if you gradually build up to having no one there it will be easier. It's still scary knowing them won't be there but she just has to shake all the bad thoughts out of her head (Sometime I would literally stand there and shake my head as if to get rid of all the negative things lol). Positive thoughts only, I would give myself a little pep talk in my head before throwing the skill (and I still do).

Don't pull her from cheer if she can't get over it. She will just feel bad about herself. Maybe don't have her take the tumbling classes, just privates so that way she doesn't see her teammates doing the skills and she won't feel bad about not being able to do them. Have her do privates with a coach she really trusts and take it so, build back her confidence a little bit every time. Hope this somehow helps:)

ETA: I wouldn't throw the skill I was blocking on with a spot for a long time, but then I took a private lesson with a new coach and she got me to do it for the first time in months during that first private.

I fell working doubles and got a realllly bad block to the point that I couldn't connect anything. I did RO stop, standing BHS stop, standing tuck but for the life of me could not connect it. I don't know if this is feasible for y'all but try taking a class at a gym where no one knows her (even better if its a gymnastics gym). When no one knows she has been working fulls in the past, there is no pressure to do anything more than a handspring. She is on a youth 2 this year right? Handsprings are all she needs!! I know it's so frustrating and hard but taking steps back to just ROBHS really helped me. She will work through it eventually!! Good luck!

From other moms past experience I would suggest not mentioning it, don't let her hear you talk about it, no more privates, no more open gyms, pretend tumbling doesn't even exist in cheerleading!
As a mom who feels pain when your daughter is hurting it is hard to do... nevermind the $$ you are spending and the whole lifestyle of all star cheer.
I get it. But these strategies hsve helped more than a few kids overcome the mental block. Like everyone else is saying no pressure is the key. I also have seen it is very common on young girls who progress very quickly like your daughter has. It will be ok! I promise!!

I fell working doubles and got a realllly bad block to the point that I couldn't connect anything. I did RO stop, standing BHS stop, standing tuck but for the life of me could not connect it. I don't know if this is feasible for y'all but try taking a class at a gym where no one knows her (even better if its a gymnastics gym). When no one knows she has been working fulls in the past, there is no pressure to do anything more than a handspring. She is on a youth 2 this year right? Handsprings are all she needs!! I know it's so frustrating and hard but taking steps back to just ROBHS really helped me. She will work through it eventually!! Good luck!

Funny thing is she had not had privates since May! She has only been doing a once a week tumbling class at her gym and she went to our competitors open gym twice a week. That's it.

She really loves one of her coaches from her cheer gym and she really loves two coaches at our rival gym. Those are the coaches she loves tumbling for. It has been one week since the block. It was last Friday when she told me she could not tumble anymore.

On Saturday she went to her tumbling class. They split them into 3 groups. She is in the full(advanced) group always. Then there is a few kids from her youth 2 team in the tuck group. Then their is a few other kids in the beginner working BWO/BHS group. Them not knowing the fears my daughter expressed to me the night before they put her in her usual advanced group. No tumbling at all and a whole bunch of tears.

I messaged her favorite coach ever from the other gym and told him what was going on. He had her do a private with him a few hours later thinking he could get into her head. He got her to do a ro,bhs,tuck one time by herself without him standing there. Other then that she would only allow him to spot her. She became to upset. We went home and I had talked to him and he told me to bring her back Sunday. So the next day we showed up and he worked with her but we got the same result.

I didn't put her in any privates or open gyms even though she really wanted to go Wednesday on Halloween night. She had not tumbled anything but level 2 since then Sunday.

The coach who did the privates with her said he was going to start working Arabians and some front tumbling. Anything that doesn't require her to connect a BHS to it or throw a tuck or layout she is fine.

She kept saying all day yesterday she wanted to go to open gym like she usually does on Thursday nights. Last Thursday night at open gym was the last time Jaylen was throwing all her tumbling and not blocking. So I thought since she really wants to go this may be good for her. So we went to go, she then started crying on the way saying she didn't want to go and everyone will laugh when they see her get spotted on tucks! I felt bad for her I said that's ok we won't go if you don't want to. I'll see about getting you another private when no one is there. We turn around to go home and then she says she does want to because she wants her tumbling back. So I turned back around and we arrived 40 mins late because of her indecisiveness! She still had about 50 mins to tumble and would do absolutely nothing unless it was a spot. She did about 15 ro,bhs,tucks with someone standing there that never touched her.

Then this coach says ok your going to do it by yourself. She went in the corner and would not go. Or she would run out of the corner, hurdle, and stop and just grab her face in tears. After 15 mins of breaking down another coach went over there and spotted her about 5 more times as she did it. Then we left.

I told her she did great and just to keep working on it. About half way home I hear nothing. I turn around and she is sobbing in the back seat saying she can't do it anymore and she isn't going to be Whitney Love one day! I have no words so I just let her cry as it breaks my heart.

Tomorrow is her gym tumbling class and if I make her skip it she will be upset with me but I just don't think she can handle it. If she does not get put in the advanced group she will shut down but if she does I feel it will be overwhelming to her.

So as of now she does go to 2 different gyms. She doesn't seem better at one place or the other. I thought about taking her elsewhere but I don't want it to be to much on her & I asked her and she said no she doesn't want to go anywhere else. I'm so lost...

I wonder if hypnosis works.

Thanks guys for all the great advice!

Back