- Apr 14, 2017
This documentary was SO crazy! The amount of money is mind blowing.
I don’t get any of it.
1. If I’m looking to make extra cash, I don’t have 5-20K to spend on buying myself into an MLM.
2. The hideous prints.
3. And then being told the prints were mix-and-matchable. Pairing unicorn heads and flying pineapples just screams vintage 1920’s Vogue.
4. AND THEN being told the only way I could buy these gross clothes was through some nebulous super secret FB auction block.
5. TJ weight loss surgery. If I’m making the kind of money those people were, I’m not going to Mexico for plastic surgery. I’m getting Jennifer Aniston’s everything.
6. The part where the interviewer asked the wife about the role of feminism in their branding, and the husband literally saying, “Why don’t you let me take this one, honey,” with zero self-awareness.
7. The way they embraced corporatized, soulless #girlboss branding to say “Hey #bossbabe you can work from home!” as a way to actually say “because that’s where women belong anyway” because it turns out the whole operation is based in an extremely patriarchal version of Mormonism.
I’m repulsed but also I can’t get enough. It’s my new Tiger King.