OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This documentary was SO crazy! The amount of money is mind blowing.

I don’t get any of it.

1. If I’m looking to make extra cash, I don’t have 5-20K to spend on buying myself into an MLM.

2. The hideous prints.

3. And then being told the prints were mix-and-matchable. Pairing unicorn heads and flying pineapples just screams vintage 1920’s Vogue.

4. AND THEN being told the only way I could buy these gross clothes was through some nebulous super secret FB auction block.

5. TJ weight loss surgery. If I’m making the kind of money those people were, I’m not going to Mexico for plastic surgery. I’m getting Jennifer Aniston’s everything.

6. The part where the interviewer asked the wife about the role of feminism in their branding, and the husband literally saying, “Why don’t you let me take this one, honey,” with zero self-awareness.

7. The way they embraced corporatized, soulless #girlboss branding to say “Hey #bossbabe you can work from home!” as a way to actually say “because that’s where women belong anyway” because it turns out the whole operation is based in an extremely patriarchal version of Mormonism.

I’m repulsed but also I can’t get enough. It’s my new Tiger King.

Hey all! I hope everyone has been doing well and staying safe and healthy! I just wanted to give an update on the situation with my younger sister. The daughter of the bully mom has been expelled from school(in relations to the bullying and a racism incident.) The mother on the other hand still hasn’t learned her lesson, but has backed off of my sister. Her new subject of attention is the school and the students her daughter called the N word. Sadly the girl and her mother are now trying to sue the school over her being expelled, because “it’s not fair that people of color can say the N word, but me a white girl can’t. Her argument is “if whites can’t say, no one should be able to.”

The other girls and my sister included are extremely happy that the young lady and her mother involved in all of this are very happy she is no longer a member of the team, or that she is no longer representing the school. Just from talking to my sister and one of her friends a lot of the faculty and staff, and students are happy the girl and her mama are no longer affiliated with the school.

sometimes I feel like this whole situation is a subpar lifetime movie lol.

OH MY GOD NO WAY.

I’m so glad that an appropriate punishment was dealt. So often a school will fold under threat of litigation or bad press or whatever.

Sooner or later that mom is going to end up on one of those FB/IG accounts that are dedicated to outing racists. She seems like a prime candidate. Shame.

squid games..... im hooked and have binged almost all of it in three days. Avoiding spoilers has been a pain, cause they are everywhere.

also netflix limited series Maid... the amount of accuracy on a lot of different topics that a lot of people struggle with that is shown is just...wow..... i would love for a season 2... if you havent watched it, you should.

squid games..... im hooked and have binged almost all of it in three days. Avoiding spoilers has been a pain, cause they are everywhere.

also netflix limited series Maid... the amount of accuracy on a lot of different topics that a lot of people struggle with that is shown is just...wow..... i would love for a season 2... if you havent watched it, you should.

Ive heard good things about Squid Games. It’s definitely in my list.

Also I just finished The Way Down on HBO Max about the Christian diet guru/self-described prophet Gwen Shamblin Lara who just died in a plane crash this May and left behind a church implicated in everything from fraud to child deaths. And her signature “look.”

I recommend.

I’m watching Bad Sport on Netflix which covers sports scandals, including the 2002 figure skating controversy wherein the Russian skaters won over the favourited Canadiens despite three major mistakes. I was interested because figure skating also includes subjective scoring, like cheer. And it was interesting to me that, back then at least, the judges just kind of owned that shamelessly. While cheer judges try to score as robotically as possible (with mixed results, at times) the judges in this doc were like, “Yeah I put the literally perfect team in second because the flawed team met my artistic expectations better. What of it?” And this was the OLYMPICS.

I just can’t imagine the fallout if, for example, Orange hit a flawless routine at Worlds but then took second to a bobbly SE because some judge had the gall to say, “My artistic taste, tho.”

Back