OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
NYC is expected to get the heaviest snowfall on record, so we have been hearing superlatives because of that. The fact that it is expected to be a dry powdery snow that will drift isn't helping matters.

The MA coast is expecting storm surges up to 4 feet with intense winds...that is not good either.

It is going to be an interesting one and probably one for the books, but I do agree/ hope that it is not the storm of the century :)

I added some more to my comment. You're right, I think the wind/blizzard/white out conditions are the biggest issue. Not just the fact that it's a lot of snow.

Yeah but you guys probably all had 4 wheel drive. I don't, I don't even have snow tires. I've never really needed them.

I guarantee the T will be shut down tomorrow.

Actually there are many people who don't have either of those things. Coincidentally they are the ones you see slipping and sliding all over the road :p In my opinion, they are a necessity there and if you don't have them then you are playing with your life and everyone else around you. There's only so much "safe driving" you can do until some things are out of your control.

I'm looking at getting a car now and will end up putting snow tires on it. I wouldn't feel safe without them even if MA doesn't get as much snow as NY gets. But that's my decision and I know people here don't see the need for them.

But, I completely understand where the hype is coming from here, believe me. I know this is abnormal weather for the area and people don't deal with it as frequently as we do at home. If I lived here my whole life I'd be giving into the hype, too :p I know my perspective on snow is different than other areas and not everyone is as comfortable with it as I am. Especially when driving. So I get it, and I'm not passing judgement, I just find it funny. Like people watching funny.

I will say I will enjoy my day off tomorrow! And hopefully the roads are clear "enough" on Wednesday so I can come in to work. And hopefully some people will decide to stay home then so the roads aren't super crazy. I love my 4WD, I will miss it.

Actually there are many people who don't have either of those things. Coincidentally they are the ones you see slipping and sliding all over the road :p In my opinion, they are a necessity there and if you don't have them then you are playing with your life and everyone else around you. There's only so much "safe driving" you can do until some things are out of your control.

I'm looking at getting a car now and will end up putting snow tires on it. I wouldn't feel safe without them even if MA doesn't get as much snow as NY gets. But that's my decision and I know people here don't see the need for them.

But, I completely understand where the hype is coming from here, believe me. I know this is abnormal weather for the area and people don't deal with it as frequently as we do at home. If I lived here my whole life I'd be giving into the hype, too :p I know my perspective on snow is different than other areas and not everyone is as comfortable with it as I am. Especially when driving. So I get it, and I'm not passing judgement, I just find it funny. Like people watching funny.

I will say I will enjoy my day off tomorrow! And hopefully the roads are clear "enough" on Wednesday so I can come in to work. And hopefully some people will decide to stay home then so the roads aren't super crazy. I love my 4WD, I will miss it.

My husband and I were talking about getting snow tires. Now that I'll be driving to work instead of taking the train, it will probably be a reasonable investment. My job is flexible enough that it's not a big deal to just say "eh, crappy weather, I'll be online if you need me" even if it's not a crazy blizzard.

My random thoughts for the day:

1. Miss Jamaica was robbed. I don't even understand - she is EVERYTHING. (except Miss Universe...) I am certainly no pageant expert, but I think they got it all wrong.

2. I need the east coast to calm down. Buffalo got like 3-6 feet of snow last November. THAT'S a "storm of the century." 2 feet is most definitely not. Not that 2 feet isn't a lot - I know that it's enough to snow you in for a day or so. But it is most definitely *not* storm of the century material.
In case you don't know what 3-6 feet of snow looks like, here:
These Are The Pictures From Last Night's Snowstorm in Buffalo, NY And They're INSANE | Diply
Here on Long Island we definitely go into panic mode but I think that's more because we all have very recent memories of Sandy and being without power/gas/wine for far too long.

My husband and I were talking about getting snow tires. Now that I'll be driving to work instead of taking the train, it will probably be a reasonable investment. My job is flexible enough that it's not a big deal to just say "eh, crappy weather, I'll be online if you need me" even if it's not a crazy blizzard.

I'd say go for it if you can afford it! You won't regret getting them. My dad has a Toyota Camry which doesn't have 4WD but he puts snow tires on that thing and it will keep up with any 4WD vehicle in the snow. The car I'm driving now has 4WD and all season tires. The two drive very similar. You can definitely feel the difference between snow tires and no snow tires. Of course it depends on the driver too.

Agreed that Jamaica was robbed. I still think that she would have won if she'd answered "all inclusive resorts" for the greatest contribution of the country question.

**EPs should only be able to designate ONE competition as a "national".**

I think Ms Colombia missed an opportunity with that question too ;) lol
I tweeted about that (obviously joking) and got randomly found and attacked by a bunch of Colombians! haha. They told me to "stop being so stereotypical" and to "actually learn something about Colombia". Swerve, yall I took an entire class on Latin American history and culture that didn't even count towards my graduation. (I ended up in it by accident and didn't realize until it was too late to drop it....but either way, I LEARNED.)

So I change my comment and now believe Miss Colombia should have said coffee. :shaka:

Last edited:
I tweeted about that (obviously joking) and got randomly found and attacked by a bunch of Colombians! haha. They told me to "stop being so stereotypical" and to "actually learn something about Colombia". Swerve, yall I took an entire class on Latin American history and culture that didn't even count towards my graduation. (I ended up in it by accident and didn't realize until it was too late to drop it....but either way, I LEARNED.)

So I change my comment to and now believe Miss Colombia should have said coffee. :shaka:

is it bad that I am laughing...nothing worse than being called out by a random group like that!!!

is it bad that I am laughing...nothing worse than being called out by a random group like that!!!
It was so funny. My mentions started exploding and I went to check them. Someone with like 2k followers had put me on blast and all of the little Colombian minions were ganging up on me. Some people can't take a joke!

But in all honesty her answer to that question was probably the best of the night. The pagent Q&A session is always painful but that one even more so due to language barriers. Not everything translates the same and it just all comes out bad. Just bad.

Back