OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Has anyone made photo books before? Any sites I should check out? I want to make my parents one with pictures from this semester. I know its early, but I want to make sure its great quality and have most of the pictures selected for it by the time I get back so I can give it to them within a little bit of getting back.

I've used CVS twice to create photo books of my work for an interview and a workshop. They are ready in hours and the quality is great. There are typically coupon codes you can find online for discounts

Last edited:
I have used Walgreens/CVS for photo books and poster collages. They always have huge discounts and you can create them on-line and pick them up in store. I did one of the high quality lay-flat books with my daughter's senior pictures and the book is incredible. Those are not in store pick up but it shipped quickly.

I've always had good luck with Shutterfly. They typically ship out on time and come out really nice. I've made 2 books as gifts for my parents with our family vacation photos. It's just time consuming to add all the photos in and format them.

I JUST GOT TICKETS TO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!! Omg I'm so excited, this will be my first competition in the US ever :D I can't wait to see all the awesome teams and everything. If anyone else is going we have to for sure meet up!

See you there!!!

so i tried on my sisters bridesmaids dress, gorgeous dress, not happy that its strapless as i am not as gifted in the bra area, but i think im more ashamed at the fact that im gonna have to get a size 2 dress altered cause its still a few inches to big on me. grrr.

Has anyone made photo books before? Any sites I should check out? I want to make my parents one with pictures from this semester. I know its early, but I want to make sure its great quality and have most of the pictures selected for it by the time I get back so I can give it to them within a little bit of getting back.

I've used shutterfly and snapfish. the shutter ly definitely turned out better quality... just sign up for emails and wait for the coupon codes; they're always running promotions!

so I am extremely fortunate and have a very wealthy relative who funded my (and my cousins) entire adventure abroad and how do you really say thank you for that, right? well thanks to pinterest and some creativity in each location I took a picture in front of whatever the country/city was famous for with one sheet of paper and one word of a message to them on it. All together they said "Thank you for giving me the world" and I put them in a framed little collage together. they sobbed and said it made every penny worth it because they'd rather give us experiences over material objects any day. because their reaction was so awesome, just sharing that idea if you parents are paying and you want to make them something special :) that was kind of random, sorry.

so i tried on my sisters bridesmaids dress, gorgeous dress, not happy that its strapless as i am not as gifted in the bra area, but i think im more ashamed at the fact that im gonna have to get a size 2 dress altered cause its still a few inches to big on me. grrr.

Is it David's Bridal? That's the smallest size they carried and I had to do the same for my friend's wedding. The alterations almost cost the same as the dress.

Is it David's Bridal? That's the smallest size they carried and I had to do the same for my friend's wedding. The alterations almost cost the same as the dress.
Seriously? Any suggestions on places that offer a smaller size? I have several very petite bridesmaids. A size 2 just won't do.

Seriously? Any suggestions on places that offer a smaller size? I have several very petite bridesmaids. A size 2 just won't do.

Your best bet is probably a designer brand, one that does bridal sizing, not street sizing, where a 2 isn't really a 2. So basically not DB or Alfred Angelo. But I'm not really sure, none of my bridesmaids were that small (mine were Alfred Sung).

My wedding dress was a size 4. I've never even worn a size 2 in my life.

I haven't planned a wedding but since I am basically living "27 Dresses" - I have found that American-made companies offer smaller sizes but run "normally." The less expensive companies made in China may stop at 2 but run 2-4 sizes smaller than normal. Like I was in a wedding with Priscilla of Boston dresses - very expensive but very true to size. I was a 2 in that dress and the wedding I was in a week later had Dessy gowns and I had to order a size 6 in that dress. so even if they stopped at 2 it was probably more like a 00 or even a kids size.

so compare size charts between brands! and order your dresses from a place that lets you take your dress to get altered elsewhere. One place held our dresses hostage and you had to get all alterations through them, otherwise I go to my neighborhood tailor and get it done for 1/4 of the price.

I haven't planned a wedding but since I am basically living "27 Dresses" - I have found that American-made companies offer smaller sizes but run "normally." The less expensive companies made in China may stop at 2 but run 2-4 sizes smaller than normal. Like I was in a wedding with Priscilla of Boston dresses - very expensive but very true to size. I was a 2 in that dress and the wedding I was in a week later had Dessy gowns and I had to order a size 6 in that dress. so even if they stopped at 2 it was probably more like a 00 or even a kids size.

so compare size charts between brands! and order your dresses from a place that lets you take your dress to get altered elsewhere. One place held our dresses hostage and you had to get all alterations through them, otherwise I go to my neighborhood tailor and get it done for 1/4 of the price.
Crying because Priscilla of Boston closed. :(

Thanks! I'm having issues because I have two junior bridesmaids that are 13 and 14. The junior bridesmaids gowns will be too small and the regular ones will be too big.

Your best bet is probably a designer brand, one that does bridal sizing, not street sizing, where a 2 isn't really a 2. So basically not DB or Alfred Angelo. But I'm not really sure, none of my bridesmaids were that small (mine were Alfred Sung).

My wedding dress was a size 4. I've never even worn a size 2 in my life.
LOL my wedding dress is also a size 4. My waist was a 1/2 inch too big for the 2. I DON'T UNDERSTAND. Dang you Maggie.

Latest posts

Back