OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Crying because Priscilla of Boston closed. :(

Thanks! I'm having issues because I have two junior bridesmaids that are 13 and 14. The junior bridesmaids gowns will be too small and the regular ones will be too big.

the new jersey store or like the whole company?! while my wallet cried that was my favorite bridesmaid dress I've ever worn. like I would actually wear it again (if I had something requiring a floor length gown)

the wedding I was in with Dessy dresses had junior bridesmaids and Dessy actually carried quite a few similar junior/big kid dresses with the same colors so they got one of them. another wedding I was in brought a sample adult bridesmaid dress to a seamstress and she made them mini replicas of the dress.

the new jersey store or like the whole company?! while my wallet cried that was my favorite bridesmaid dress I've ever worn. like I would actually wear it again (if I had something requiring a floor length gown)

the wedding I was in with Dessy dresses had junior bridesmaids and Dessy actually carried quite a few similar junior/big kid dresses with the same colors so they got one of them. another wedding I was in brought a sample adult bridesmaid dress to a seamstress and she made them mini replicas of the dress.
The whole company went out of business a few years ago. I was very upset because my mama wore a Priscilla gown and I wanted to as well. Also, that store in NJ (Milburn, right?) looked amazing.

The whole company went out of business a few years ago. I was very upset because my mama wore a Priscilla gown and I wanted to as well. Also, that store in NJ (Milburn, right?) looked amazing.

aww the wedding I was in was 2011 so I didn't know that :( it was a store near short hills and it was beautiful. they were awesome with huge beautiful rooms for each collection and the fitting rooms were like suites. that's sad.

the first wedding I was in was at 14 and I was maybeeee 90 pounds soaking wet. That wedding used David's Bridal and I got the smallest dress they made and they had to cut so much fabric off of it you could have made another dress :confused: so I feel your pain on the petite girls problem.

LOL my wedding dress is also a size 4. My waist was a 1/2 inch too big for the 2. I DON'T UNDERSTAND. Dang you Maggie.

I don't think my designer had a 2. The measurements said my waist was a 6. I took a risk with the 4 and the thing still had to get altered a bunch, even in the waist!

Is it David's Bridal? That's the smallest size they carried and I had to do the same for my friend's wedding. The alterations almost cost the same as the dress.
It is, I'm wondering if I should just buy it and get it altered somewhere else. I've heard DB can be a nightmare when it comes to alterations...

It is, I'm wondering if I should just buy it and get it altered somewhere else. I've heard DB can be a nightmare when it comes to alterations...

I got my David's Bridal bridesmaids dress altered at David's. It was also a 2 and way too big. I didn't have any problems with them

My other bridesmaids dress was by Dessy or one of the designers under Dessy. I can't remember how it worked. It was a 00 and too big. I went to my local seamstress for alterations

However the bride called of the wedding and I was able to get the dress back before the lady started altering it

That situation is why I'll never be a bridesmaid again. Or have friends for bridesmaids. God gave me two sisters that are petite and complimentary to my size for a reason.

I was in my cousin's wedding this summer. I live in Virginia and she used a shop in Maine, so I had to send in my measurements over the phone and they had to match me up to a size. Granted, I'm not a teeny girl, and I'm pretty "gifted" up top. They told me I came out to a size 22 (!), wouldn't listen to me when I insisted that I wear a jeans size that is less than half of that number, and made me order a size 20.

I had to get FOUR INCHES on both sides of the dress taken in. The shoulders, even, were too big. They probably could have made the flower girl's dress out of the material they took off of my dress.

I was in my cousin's wedding this summer. I live in Virginia and she used a shop in Maine, so I had to send in my measurements over the phone and they had to match me up to a size. Granted, I'm not a teeny girl, and I'm pretty "gifted" up top. They told me I came out to a size 22 (!), wouldn't listen to me when I insisted that I wear a jeans size that is less than half of that number, and made me order a size 20.

I had to get FOUR INCHES on both sides of the dress taken in. The shoulders, even, were too big. They probably could have made the flower girl's dress out of the material they took off of my dress.

That's what happened to me with the second bridesmaids dress. They wanted to order like a 6 or 4 and I was like "I don't think yall understand" and I ended up having to drive 2 hours to the store to try on a sample. Like they were adamant about not buying that size dress

That's what happened to me with the second bridesmaids dress. They wanted to order like a 6 or 4 and I was like "I don't think yall understand" and I ended up having to drive 2 hours to the store to try on a sample. Like they were adamant about not buying that size dress

It's the worst! I was a solid 10-hour drive away and it was just awful. Let me see if I can find a pic of the original dress...it was like trying to wear a circus tent.

Here we go:
Before:
2ps0h3o.png

After:
10599316_10202540162164874_7945480436745627350_n.jpg

woahhh sorry they're giant

Last edited:
I will have to take pics of it next time I try it on. It's a really gorgeous dress. But yeah my sister is getting married at the beginning of June, and I'm just now starting this whole process.

It's the worst! I was a solid 10-hour drive away and it was just awful. Let me see if I can find a pic of the original dress...it was like trying to wear a circus tent.

Here we go:
Before:
B8-AY-MIgAAzdqK.jpg

After:
10599316_10202540162164874_7945480436745627350_n.jpg

woahhh sorry they're giant

The before didn't load but even in the after you can tell it's too big

Today the cheer program at the University of Central Oklahoma received our STUNT National Champion rings from the 2014 season. My sister has a ring for winning NCA college nationals once, and another one for winning STUNT the year it started in 2012. I'm pretty excited to be able to add to my family's collection.
I'm sorry if the pictures are huge.

Latest posts

Back