OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
OMG YES. When I'm at home theres like two bars that college kids go to but since were not in huge college town (private school probs) drinks aren't cheap. But the discount liquor down the street is haha

FINALLY SOMEONE THAT GETS MY PRIVATE SCHOOL STRUGGLE! My friends all go to big D1 schools that have dollar nights at their bars...they don't understand the pain of buying an $8 shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get bathing suits from Victoria secret usually. Not often haha but I have a few and they are still in great shape. Probably because I don't swim in a chlorine pool but a salt water pool. There are a few different stores here for bathing suits but way more expensive than Victoria secret. I'm gifted top and bottom..not that bottoms are hard to find but tops are lol I can't wear bandeau style tops which sucks lol

Where else do people like to buy bathing suits? I want a new one for worlds and I'm getting tired of VS. most of the ones I have from there don't fit me all that well and I feel like they don't cover my booty very well.
Usually VS or Target, but last year I got a really cute one at JC Penny's!

The struggle is so real. Milwaukee is close enough but you need a designated driver for that.

That's how Lawrence is for us. I have a lot of friends up at KU so when I go out up there I usually just end up staying with one of them, which is nice.

Ooh, I love some of the suits on their site. I alway wear 2 piece sets and have been looking for a stylish one piece....I am way too old fot 2 pieces, which look great on me, but I am becoming more and more aware of my age (running towards 50) and with three grown daughters it is becoming embarising that people think we are sisters/friends.....but I just saw one on this site that is extremely cheap and looks great! I have never ordered from here though; Anyone on here that has, or know some that have please let me know what your shopping experience was like. I really would like to order this one. Thanks,
1415555143736-P-2168218.jpg

......please Lord, when I'm nearing 50 let me be able to wear something like that.

Yesterday I returned from my first trip to America and I'm so sad that it's over :(
I can honestly say it was the best experience in my life so far even though I ended up in an emergency room, well like the paramedic said: a trip I'll never forget! :D

Nice! Where did you go? What was your favorite part?

I remember when I was in German class we had a couple of exchange students and they all agreed that bagels were their favorite part about America. To us that was so weird to list bagels as your favorite thing, but apparently they don't have them there. The teacher even took 50+ bagels back with her to Germany for all of her English students :p

Everything But Water, Athleta, and Venus. (yes, I'm going to keep mentioning Venus lol)
I am going to keep mentioning them too, especially if you are looking for booty coverage. You can mix and match the tops and bottoms and they actually have bottoms that cover bottoms - and they have tops that help if you are part of the IBTC without looking ridiculous like sometimes the VS tops make you look. I have some that are at least 10 years old and I have worn and washed them to death and except for some color fading they still look good.

I had to have the cops into my store and arrest someone today. And I'm going to be subpoenaed to court within the next ten days. I'm not sure how to feel.

I really hate group projects when the teacher assigns groups, which is basically every time with this class.
I feel thankful that none of my teachers ever assigns groups. I'm in the middle of a project right now (a parody of Pride and Prejudice-Bite and Prejudice) and we have a total of 7 people between the two English classes. While it's fun to work with all your friends, everyone gets mad at each other after a while. People get bossy, people get mad at each other, people get lazy and then everyone gets annoyed with them. So it's not a walk in the park, either. (This one actually wasn't a walk in the park to begin with, but that's another story. It's all petty high school drama that I'm sure no one cares about.) She doesn't put a size limit on our groups either. She's wanted us to do an entire class thing at some point (in a class of almost 30 people). I doubt we'll be able to though. The only other work we study in depth like this is Lord of the Flies. This really would've been the project to do it for, because of the amount of people in the book. It's hard to do with 10 people (we got some people not in the class to work with us too). There are only 3 people not doubled or tripled up on parts, not to mention there's only one male in our group, so he is all but 2 of the guys.

I feel thankful that none of my teachers ever assigns groups. I'm in the middle of a project right now (a parody of Pride and Prejudice-Bite and Prejudice) and we have a total of 7 people between the two English classes. While it's fun to work with all your friends, everyone gets mad at each other after a while. People get bossy, people get mad at each other, people get lazy and then everyone gets annoyed with them. So it's not a walk in the park, either. (This one actually wasn't a walk in the park to begin with, but that's another story. It's all petty high school drama that I'm sure no one cares about.) She doesn't put a size limit on our groups either. She's wanted us to do an entire class thing at some point (in a class of almost 30 people). I doubt we'll be able to though. The only other work we study in depth like this is Lord of the Flies. This really would've been the project to do it for, because of the amount of people in the book. It's hard to do with 10 people (we got some people not in the class to work with us too). There are only 3 people not doubled or tripled up on parts, not to mention there's only one male in our group, so he is all but 2 of the guys.

This is my one class that a teacher assigns groups. Yet, the one class that if I chose my group, we would be super successful. It's French class and I understand french pretty well, as do my friends that I usually work with. Honestly, they understand the language more than I do, but I really do try and I think I'm pretty successful.

I mostly hate this project because ignoring my texts asking about the project doesn't get anything accomplished?

I also don't like not knowing if I can rely on someone as well. Hence, why I don't like group projects overall too.

This is my one class that a teacher assigns groups. Yet, the one class that if I chose my group, we would be super successful. It's French class and I understand french pretty well, as do my friends that I usually work with. Honestly, they understand the language more than I do, but I really do try and I think I'm pretty successful.

I mostly hate this project because ignoring my texts asking about the project doesn't get anything accomplished?

I also don't like not knowing if I can rely on someone as well. Hence, why I don't like group projects overall too.
Makes complete sense. The only other class that really does groups is my science class and we either get to choose our groups, or he splits them by "ability" (effort) level, so that one person doesn't do all of the work because they want the grade they deserve, and then no one else does anything but get credit. I'm one of the ones that would do the work, so I have the others that would do the same, and me and the two guys work well together, and we only do that kind of work in class.

I'm thankful we don't do group projects for my French class, aside from our Mardi Gras party extra credit. One of the guys in my class told someone that I was apparently the only one who knew what was going on, and he was kind of right. Some people get some things, but there is really only me and one or two others that truly understand most of the time. Most others understand sometimes, but some really do not get the French language, and then they get mad and give up.

Nice! Where did you go? What was your favorite part?

I remember when I was in German class we had a couple of exchange students and they all agreed that bagels were their favorite part about America. To us that was so weird to list bagels as your favorite thing, but apparently they don't have them there. The teacher even took 50+ bagels back with her to Germany for all of her English students :p
In high school we had some German exchange students and on the last day of their trip they were in our german class and our teacher asked them what their favorite thing about the U.S. was. A bunch of them said "47 cent cones from McDonalds" hahaha

Back