OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
two weeks shy of my 25th birthday and for the first time ever I just french braided my hair by myself; without my mom having to do it for me or intervene after I tied my hair in some sort of knot. I feel like such a grown up! That used to be our cheer hair style back in the day and she had to do half the teams hair because no one could french braid. best mom ever.

Is it weird that I'm kind of feeling sad I won't need my mom to do my hair anymore? I'm just emotional lol

I taught myself how to French braid my bangs in high school but I finally figured out how to French braid it straight back by myself within the last year. It has totally improved my quality of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two weeks shy of my 25th birthday and for the first time ever I just french braided my hair by myself; without my mom having to do it for me or intervene after I tied my hair in some sort of knot. I feel like such a grown up! That used to be our cheer hair style back in the day and she had to do half the teams hair because no one could french braid. best mom ever.

Is it weird that I'm kind of feeling sad I won't need my mom to do my hair anymore? I'm just emotional lol

French braiding your own hair is wicked hard to master. Doing that waterfall braid hairdo is nearly impossible. People who can do those on themselves are basically sorcerers and need to lend me their powers.

Other news from today: I was introduced to Korean/Asian shaved ice with the fruit, those little rice balls, and sweet red beans. Ok yeahhhhhhhhhh. I understand the obsession now. It was a life changing experience y'all.

French braiding your own hair is wicked hard to master. Doing that waterfall braid hairdo is nearly impossible. People who can do those on themselves are basically sorcerers and need to lend me their powers.

Other news from today: I was introduced to Korean/Asian shaved ice with the fruit, those little rice balls, and sweet red beans. Ok yeahhhhhhhhhh. I understand the obsession now. It was a life changing experience y'all.

I fail at most things female but I found a glorious tutorial on Pinterest for the waterfall braid. It made it so easy, I'll have to see if I can find it!

I still have flashbacks to when my parents first got divorced and my dad bought like the American Girl Doll hairstyle tutorial book and he sat and read the instructions 10 times and tried so hard to french braid my hair when I was with him for the weekends... and it was a disaster. gotta love him for trying, though. lol

I've technically known how to do it my whole life, but for some reason it just never worked out. Today it did. I'm never taking this braid out because the odds of it happening again are slim.

neither myself nor my mother can french braid. it's our achilles heel.

I just survived a power outage by myself!

I fail miserably at French braiding... But I can Dutch braid just fine. Just don't ask me to try a waterfall braid; someone will need to cut my fingers out of my hair.

Set phasers to 'love me'!

I wasn't sure what that was so I looked it up and it's so cute! I want to learn how to do that. I like the way it looks much better than a French braid.

I still have flashbacks to when my parents first got divorced and my dad bought like the American Girl Doll hairstyle tutorial book and he sat and read the instructions 10 times and tried so hard to french braid my hair when I was with him for the weekends... and it was a disaster. gotta love him for trying, though. lol

I've technically known how to do it my whole life, but for some reason it just never worked out. Today it did. I'm never taking this braid out because the odds of it happening again are slim.

Awwwww I love watching dads do little girls hair. It's the cutest.

As crazy as it sounds, it took me a while to build up the "strength" in my arms to actually French braid my own hair. It's like super tiring on my arms because it's such and awkward thing. I think that was the hardest part.

But you know what was worse than learning how to French braid for me? Learning how to do a simple pony tail when you have little fingers and your mom only bought those hair ties that have the two plastic balls on the ends that were popular in the 90s. Whyyyyyy. Those things are deadly weapons. THEY HURT WHEN THEY SNAP BACK AT YOU.

Awwwww I love watching dads do little girls hair. It's the cutest.

As crazy as it sounds, it took me a while to build up the "strength" in my arms to actually French braid my own hair. It's like super tiring on my arms because it's such and awkward thing. I think that was the hardest part.

But you know what was worse than learning how to French braid for me? Learning how to do a simple pony tail when you have little fingers and your mom only bought those hair ties that have the two plastic balls on the ends that were popular in the 90s. Whyyyyyy. Those things are deadly weapons. THEY HURT WHEN THEY SNAP BACK AT YOU.
You think those hair ties with the plastic balls are deadly? Those are nothing compared to Clackers that my older brothers played with as kids. In today's society they are a lawsuit waiting to happen.

**Always post responsibly**

You think those hair ties with the plastic balls are deadly? Those are nothing compared to Clackers that my older brothers played with as kids. In today's society they are a lawsuit waiting to happen.

**Always post responsibly**

So I had to google what clackers were and Im like 95% sure that all the banned clackers later became those hair ties so they could make money off of discontinued toys that had been sitting in storage. They are literally one in the same.

Hair ties:
e5f94831ebf733d9e5ee0c14b7b56e41.jpg

Clackers:
ca0a881742489d5f86d9cb7eb827fb59.jpg

Sorry if those are big. And sorry for the run on sentence above.

Last edited:
I'm getting really tired of idiots on Facebook sharing news articles without looking at the dates. I've seen about 4 warning of deadly sharks and bacteria on the gulf coast that date back to 2013. And today someone shared something about a Louisiana church shooting that made my heart stop... Only to find out it was from 2006.
THIS! Such a pet peeve. I called a girl out on it once - an article about a missing girl from 2013. I did my research and turned out she was no longer missing and had been found sadly deceased. I asked the girl who posted "has she been found - this is from 2013" to see if she had actually read the article or caught up on the story, and all she said was "idk i just share these things all the time regardless" Like, if i was the mother or father of this poor little girl, I would not want to keep seeing an article pop up about her "missing", when she has passed away.

THIS! Such a pet peeve. I called a girl out on it once - an article about a missing girl from 2013. I did my research and turned out she was no longer missing and had been found sadly deceased. I asked the girl who posted "has she been found - this is from 2013" to see if she had actually read the article or caught up on the story, and all she said was "idk i just share these things all the time regardless" Like, if i was the mother or father of this poor little girl, I would not want to keep seeing an article pop up about her "missing", when she has passed away.
I always check too. And, tell people if they are found.

Back