OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You can actually buy (or make yourself) reusable produce bags. I've used mine for about 2 years now I think and they still look like new. When I started to use them I got really weird looks, but I got used to that, and lately I've also seen other people use reusable produce bags.

I can't believe I never thought of that ! I'm going to look into that. I'm really tired of the lame plastic bags that you have to throw away because carrying a few bananas messes up the shape so much that you can't possibly do anything else out of them.

If you get a $6500 credit for a car that drives - is there any possibility to buy a REALLY cheap car that drives and trade that in? Like get a car for less than $1000 and you'd still get a $5500 credit.
See I was thinking that but there are a lot of "ifs" with the worth $6500.... No body damage, no inside damage, no engine or transmission problems.... Etc. They're really picky. If I could find one then I so would do that but I don't want to spend that on a car for them to maybe not take it... I spent a little bit of extra money over a month ago to have all the stuff fixed on my car that they're picky about. I've just had so many problems with the car I had that I want something new so I won't have to worry about getting it fixed for a little while.

Just have to share how excited I am for my friend's wedding next March. She is Indian and going to India next week for a week of wedding prep with her family over there. We're sending her some money and she's bringing us all back traditional Indian saris for the ceremony! There's also a henna reception the night before with all the women and several henna artists there to draw those amazingly beautiful designs you see on Indian ceremonies.

Anyone ever been to a Hindu wedding ceremony before? I just can't wait. Got to send her my measurements tonight!

Just have to share how excited I am for my friend's wedding next March. She is Indian and going to India next week for a week of wedding prep with her family over there. We're sending her some money and she's bringing us all back traditional Indian saris for the ceremony! There's also a henna reception the night before with all the women and several henna artists there to draw those amazingly beautiful designs you see on Indian ceremonies.

Anyone ever been to a Hindu wedding ceremony before? I just can't wait. Got to send her my measurements tonight!

I'm so jealous. Our wedding photographer does a lot of Indian weddings and they always look so beautiful. And like they're a ton of fun. I keep joking (kind of) that we need to make more single/dating Indian friends so we can be invited to their wedding and celebrate with them.

@gofriars610 and @luv2cheer92, any recommendations on places to eat in DC (downtown, close to the museums) that are balling on a budget friendly? My boyfriend and I are going tomorrow and are trying to plan!
Sorry, just saw this! It's probably too late, but I concur with everything @gofriars610 said. There really isn't anything besides food trucks super close to the mall.

I'm so jealous. Our wedding photographer does a lot of Indian weddings and they always look so beautiful. And like they're a ton of fun. I keep joking (kind of) that we need to make more single/dating Indian friends so we can be invited to their wedding and celebrate with them.

I chose our wedding photographer after seeing an article about an Indian wedding that he shot! It was so beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went to my first Pure Barre class. I'm jello, but that's probably because I never work out. They do a lot of "tucking" - basically you tuck your butt under which is exactly what a coed flyer does in the air, so I was like "sweet! I totally got this." Until you're very rapidly tucking and untucking to the beat of the music while hanging off a bar. Howwwwwww? It's definitely going to take me awhile to get the hang of it.

I just went to my first Pure Barre class. I'm jello, but that's probably because I never work out. They do a lot of "tucking" - basically you tuck your butt under which is exactly what a coed flyer does in the air, so I was like "sweet! I totally got this." Until you're very rapidly tucking and untucking to the beat of the music while hanging off a bar. Howwwwwww? It's definitely going to take me awhile to get the hang of it.

My cousin just got certified in this and said it was killer. She said it was fun though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my best friends since pre-k has been in a relationship with an Indian guy for about 5 years. Although they're not engaged or anything yet we've loved discussing with the two of them what they're future wedding will consist of!

One of my best friends since pre-k has been in a relationship with an Indian guy for about 5 years. Although they're not engaged or anything yet we've loved discussing with the two of them what they're future wedding will consist of!
This friend is engaged to a Vietnamese guy, so they are having two ceremonies on back to back weekends. A traditional Indian ceremony in Charlotte, where she's from (which actually takes place over three days), and a traditional Vietnamese ceremony in DC, where he's from. But there are touches of both cultures in each ceremony.

She promised her parents she would keep to as many traditions as she could, and it's been so cool to see how she's adapted them to 2015. For example, her parents actually had an arranged marriage. My friend and her fiancee were obviously not arranged, they met in their dorm freshman year, but her family still presented him with a "dowry" a few weekends ago. Traditionally, that would have been the first time the couples and families met, but of course they are all old friends now. Her family presented his with several gift baskets of fruit, cheese, meats and chocolates (where traditionally it would be like gold, land, money, goats, etc.) They formally "exchanged" gifts, and then just turned it into a big ole joint wedding planning weekend.

I gave her a hard time and ask what would have happened if his family rejected her. She said she had some backup goats to offer them just in case :p

This friend is engaged to a Vietnamese guy, so they are having two ceremonies on back to back weekends. A traditional Indian ceremony in Charlotte, where she's from (which actually takes place over three days), and a traditional Vietnamese ceremony in DC, where he's from. But there are touches of both cultures in each ceremony.

She promised her parents she would keep to as many traditions as she could, and it's been so cool to see how she's adapted them to 2015. For example, her parents actually had an arranged marriage. My friend and her fiancee were obviously not arranged, they met in their dorm freshman year, but her family still presented him with a "dowry" a few weekends ago. Traditionally, that would have been the first time the couples and families met, but of course they are all old friends now. Her family presented his with several gift baskets of fruit, cheese, meats and chocolates (where traditionally it would be like gold, land, money, goats, etc.) They formally "exchanged" gifts, and then just turned it into a big ole joint wedding planning weekend.

I gave her a hard time and ask what would have happened if his family rejected her. She said she had some backup goats to offer them just in case :p

one of my friends at school just proposed to his long-time girlfriend and presented her family with a goat! They're from Maine, but originally from the Congo. While I think she is "worth" a little more than a goat, traditions are fun. and I got to play with the little goat for a week...

one of my friends at school just proposed to his long-time girlfriend and presented her family with a goat! They're from Maine, but originally from the Congo. While I think she is "worth" a little more than a goat, traditions are fun. and I got to play with the little goat for a week...
I told my friend she was worth 10 goats, minimum!

Back