OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
When I first got there any was by myself I honestly didn't notice/see them. But when my friend arrived that night she could spot them every where.... And then I started noticing them too.

There was one that has like a sac of something growing on it. I almost threw up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm totally in my headphones majority of the time so I mentally shut everything out. Also my friends are all New Yorkers so we don't look- although I've noticed a lot more on the actual platforms this year as opposed to other years.

56 degrees outside and my other intern who I share an office with opens the window. I am in thin chiffon shirt and I am cold and just needed somewhere to express this annoyance. Carry on.

I'm like low key kind of freaking out about donating blood tomorrow... I'm volunteering at the drive rn and I thought being here would make me a little less freaked out but nope. I'm not freaked out when they draw blood at the doctors or by needles or anything but for some reason this whole thing is making me really nervous. It doesn't help that my roommate and my best friend both passed out after donating. Someone tell me I'll be fine :help:

I'm like low key kind of freaking out about donating blood tomorrow... I'm volunteering at the drive rn and I thought being here would make me a little less freaked out but nope. I'm not freaked out when they draw blood at the doctors or by needles or anything but for some reason this whole thing is making me really nervous. It doesn't help that my roommate and my best friend both passed out after donating. Someone tell me I'll be fine :help:
Not gonna lie, it can happen. Is it dangerous? No. It's probably not what you want to hear, and I know passing out is no fun.

If you can do it laying down instead of sitting, it might help. Take your time before getting up!!! And treat yourself with some nice food after. :)

Eat well tonight and before you donate.

You will be fine. More people manage to not pass out than actually pass out.

Not gonna lie, it can happen. Is it dangerous? No. It's probably not what you want to hear, and I know passing out is no fun.

If you can do it laying down instead of sitting, it might help. Take your time before getting up!!! And treat yourself with some nice food after. :)
I've heard at this blood drive they make you lay down if it's your first time but if not I'll definitely ask to! I've never passed out before so that makes me a little scared in itself.
I've heard of a LOT of people passing out or being deferred because they don't have enough iron to donate. Personally I blame the fact that we're living off dining hall food (obviously I know mostly freshmen) and the only red meat they have is burgers... And they don't have a huge variety of healthy food anyway. I drink an excessive amount of water so at least I'm good on hydration...
They have SO MUCH good food at the blood drive - I'm talking Andy's frozen custard, fresh cookies from Hot Box and Insomnia (two cookie stores in town), and Strange Donuts (really good donut shop we have). Lil bit of a sugar overload but I'm not complaining!

I just donated blood yesterday! I've done it a ton and never passed out. Drink plenty of water before and after donating, and try to get a good night's sleep tonight. Eat well tonight and tomorrow. Take advantage of the snacks/juice you'll get after donating.

As for donating itself, the worst part for me is always the finger stick iron level test. Be prepared for a big pinch when they do that!

I just donated blood yesterday! I've done it a ton and never passed out. Drink plenty of water before and after donating, and try to get a good night's sleep tonight. Eat well tonight and tomorrow. Take advantage of the snacks/juice you'll get after donating.

As for donating itself, the worst part for me is always the finger stick iron level test. Be prepared for a big pinch when they do that!

That's what I was about to ask. @cheernerd5678 , they are supposed to check your iron level beforehand.

Latest posts

Back