OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I really enjoy donating blood! I know that's strange, but it's true. I've only gotten lightheaded once, and that was after I donated in a Bloodmobile and had a couple blocks walk back to my sorority house that I probably should have waited a little longer before hoofing.

I usually have a rough time donating blood and being nervous about it, but I still donate blood regularly. Here are my tips and tricks!
1. Be sure to eat a decent meal and drink lots of water beforehand! A good meal will help prevent passing out and drinking lots of water will make it go faster.
2. Bring a distraction, like your phone or a magazine or a book. Even though it only takes like 10 minutes (at the most!) keeping yourself distracted will help keep away nerves.
3. Tell your person you're nervous. They'll keep a closer eye on you and can help calm you down. I usually have my person tilt me back a little and/or put some ice on the back of my neck.
4. Breathe and relax. I have the tendency to tense up and hold my breath without noticing it, so I focus on breathing.
Hope this helps, but I'm sure you'll do great! Donating blood is something I'm pretty passionate about, so it makes me happy when people do it! Let us know how it goes! :)
So I replied to this last night but it's not there today so here I am again :) I survived! Didn't pass out either! Afterwards I felt totally fine but apparently didn't look it because the nurse kept asking me if I was okay and I was like "yeah I feel fine" but she kept asking me and then she was like "if you're SURE you feel fine you can go get food at the snack table" and I'm like "I feel fine, do I not look okay?" and she told me I looked "dazed" and that she could take me to recovery where they have cute firefighters... But I was literally fine so I just went and got snacks haha. 7 more blood drives before I graduate so I'm glad I did it and got over my nervousness.
It took me so long though, probably like 15 minutes, I guess my blood flows super slow? I had a little piece of foam to roll in my hand and if I even paused for a second it would slow down, she kept coming over and checking on it and reminding me to keep rolling the little foam and fast so it wouldn't clot. It wasn't from needing to drink more water because not only do I drink an abnormal amount on a typical day but I drank 2 full camelbaks before 11am. So who knows why it took so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a school by my hometown that has pretzels as a mascot. My school's was a horse named blue thunder.

A girl I cheered with in college, her high school was the Honkers. As in a Canadian goose. But officially they were called the Honkers.
My high school is the Greyhounds, which isn't an unusual animal but it's definitely not a common mascot!

There is a school by my hometown that has pretzels as a mascot. My school's was a horse named blue thunder.
I red shirted a dance camp this summer and the pretzels were there!

A friend's high school mascot was a space pioneer.

Oklahoma's isn't even strange really, it's just the name of both the town and animal are funny to high schoolers. (Hooker Horny Toads)

There's a 'bubblers' and a 'canners' near me. Not sure the meaning behind either...lol

There's a 'bubblers' and a 'canners' near me. Not sure the meaning behind either...lol

Well bubblers are the things you drink out of. And canners, maybe the city used to have slather canning plant? Lol

Back