OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Who didn't use their turn signal and how did the tractor almost t-bone you?

**This is obviously cat country**

It's a little weird to explain. There was an SUV involved - they were the ones who didn't use their blinker.

On my way to work, I take a backroad that leads up to a two lane main road where I have to cross into the lane that's farthest from me. So there was a gap in traffic on the lane closest to me with a tractor leading the way (but at a far enough distance for me to safely turn) and then there was an SUV coming from the other lane (the lane I was going to get into) and after he passed it would've been clear on both sides for me to go. So the SUV is coming and I was getting ready to turn to go after him and at the very, very last second he stops and slowly pulls into the middle of the both lanes to turn onto the side road I was on - he didn't even slow down like a normal person would when they turn, he just stopped with no blinker. (If there had been a car behind him he would've gotten rear ended - thats how fast he stopped and with no indication he was going to turn.) By then I was already pulling into the lane with the tractor coming and the SUV is in front of me, not moving and I had no where to go and then the SUV turns at the last second (still no blinker). At this point the tractor was close to us, I was going to get hit if I didn't move and so I gunned it as far as I could go into the lane I was trying to get into where it was (thankfully) clear and the tractor swerved into my lane to avoid hitting the SUV (who was still making his way across the tractor's lane) and the tractor trailer was literally inches from my driver's side door. I pulled into the shoulder as far as I could go without crashing into the guard rail to give the tractor and I room to straighten out again. I cannot believe we all made it out of there without getting into an accident. I don't know how the tractor driver managed to avoid us but he did and he was fast on his feet and I am so very thankful - he's the real MVP. If the SUV used his blinker or acted like he was going to turn, I wouldn't have even gone.

I'm going to take another way to work where there are traffic lights and no side roads or crazy people, especially since winter is coming. If there was snow on the ground the outcome would've been extremely different.

This is a friendly reminder that blinkers/turn signals are important and that we should all use them correctly. Because I almost died on my way to work since someone thought they were above using their turn signal :) Let's keep everyone safe, y'all.

(That isn't an exaggeration. I was so close to getting T-Boned by a tractor trailer who was going 45 on my drivers side and two hours later I am still mildly traumatized. Massholes.)

Blinkers are a sign of weakness in Massachusetts. (I'm kidding - I actually do use mine most of the time, but my husband thinks they just give the person in the next lane a heads up to not let you in).

lololol so true about the MAC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to say - isn't that the one UMass is in? Sounds about right considering it's pretty much the only league that would let them in when they moved up from 1AA.

Sorry that your family is dealing with this. Hope that your mom heals well and that she does not have any further health issues. Free health care is definitely a blessing and a curse.
Thank you! And yes I agree..it's nice that we don't have to go bankrupt paying for cancer treatment but at the same time it's like they care more about not spending too much money than my mom which is so wrong.

We need a dislike button. Sorry.

Thanks, wish there was a dislike button for the hospital we were at. It's the same one that misdiagnosed my appendicitis and my broken ankle. I wouldn't go there for an emergency even if I was bleeding profusely...lol I'd keep going to the next one. But we had no choice... Hoping things go more smoothly for the rest of her hospital visits.

It's a little weird to explain. There was an SUV involved - they were the ones who didn't use their blinker.

On my way to work, I take a backroad that leads up to a two lane main road where I have to cross into the lane that's farthest from me. So there was a gap in traffic on the lane closest to me with a tractor leading the way (but at a far enough distance for me to safely turn) and then there was an SUV coming from the other lane (the lane I was going to get into) and after he passed it would've been clear on both sides for me to go. So the SUV is coming and I was getting ready to turn to go after him and at the very, very last second he stops and slowly pulls into the middle of the both lanes to turn onto the side road I was on - he didn't even slow down like a normal person would when they turn, he just stopped with no blinker. (If there had been a car behind him he would've gotten rear ended - thats how fast he stopped and with no indication he was going to turn.) By then I was already pulling into the lane with the tractor coming and the SUV is in front of me, not moving and I had no where to go and then the SUV turns at the last second (still no blinker). At this point the tractor was close to us, I was going to get hit if I didn't move and so I gunned it as far as I could go into the lane I was trying to get into where it was (thankfully) clear and the tractor swerved into my lane to avoid hitting the SUV (who was still making his way across the tractor's lane) and the tractor trailer was literally inches from my driver's side door. I pulled into the shoulder as far as I could go without crashing into the guard rail to give the tractor and I room to straighten out again. I cannot believe we all made it out of there without getting into an accident. I don't know how the tractor driver managed to avoid us but he did and he was fast on his feet and I am so very thankful - he's the real MVP. If the SUV used his blinker or acted like he was going to turn, I wouldn't have even gone.

I'm going to take another way to work where there are traffic lights and no side roads or crazy people, especially since winter is coming. If there was snow on the ground the outcome would've been extremely different.
Glad you are okay. Things like that are super scary and I've had my share of similar close calls. Driving a decent amount I have decided that most people have no idea what a blinker means or is for and that it is really just a slow strobe light.

Glad you are okay. Things like that are super scary and I've had my share of similar close calls. Driving a decent amount I have decided that most people have no idea what a blinker means or is for and that it is really just a slow strobe light.

Thank you :) I realize it isn't a big deal and things like that happen to everyone but like.... they don't have to... if we all use our blinkers.

I was more scared/upset at the thought of me not making it home for the holidays because someone wouldn't use their blinker than actually being mad they couldn't use their blinker. The homesickness really kicked in this morning :p

Blinkers are a sign of weakness in Massachusetts. (I'm kidding - I actually do use mine most of the time, but my husband thinks they just give the person in the next lane a heads up to not let you in).
I've driven on the Mass Pike many times. I used to think Jersey drivers were the worst but you guys are right up there :). And I hate drivers who speed up when you put your signal on, just a d-bag move. I definitely have road rage issues.

I've driven on the Mass Pike many times. I used to think Jersey drivers were the worst but you guys are right up there :). And I hate drivers who speed up when you put your signal on. I definitely have road rage issues.

I think NJ drivers are the worst, but yes, Massholes are pretty bad!

My husband is the same way. OKC police recently put out some info saying you can be ticketed for not using your blinker for 100' before switching lanes (like how do they even prove that?) and DH said he won't do it because then he'll never be able to get over.

if working 11 days in a row wasnt bad enough the last two weeks and only getting one day off, i now find out i get to work another 9 days in a row........
i mean dont get me wrong i love money, but i might as well pitch a tent in the employee parking lot at this point. ughhh:banghead:

I think NJ drivers are the worst, but yes, Massholes are pretty bad!

as someone who drives up and down the east coast somewhat frequently, here's my ranking of worst drivers:

1. Maryland
T-2. Rhode Island
T-2. New Jersey
4. New York
5. Massachusetts
6. Connecticut
7. Virginia
8. New Hampshire
9. Maine
10. Delaware

Ok I'm going to say as a New Jersian I'm a pretty good defensive driver lol I was taught by two men (father and brother). My dh sometimes teases that I drive like a man lol but growing up here (I live north jersey right across the Hudson) you gotta learn how to drive like a crazy person to stay alive!! Lol

Personally I think NY drivers are the worst!! Especially city drivers... Lol sorry any New Yorkers I may offend.

Also be aware that I suffer from extreme road rage lol (sometimes) so I may look like a bad driver to some but it's cause I'm possibly flicking off someone that's done something to me to make me lose my driving concentration and has led me on a car chase just so I can catch up so they can visually see and hear the expletives that I'm sharing to express my frustration and anger....

Philly has one of the highest pedestrian fatality rates of the big northeastern cities (only Baltimore is worse I think) and as someone who regularly walks 2.5 miles here every day, I can safely say Philadelphians are some of the worst drivers I've ever seen (but New York and New Jersey can be bad too).

Nothing compares to the driving in Ethiopia though. Every time I was in a car there, I feared for my life.

I've driven on the Mass Pike many times. I used to think Jersey drivers were the worst but you guys are right up there :). And I hate drivers who speed up when you put your signal on, just a d-bag move. I definitely have road rage issues.

I hate when drivers do that because when I need to change lanes I need to change lanes and not wait for some idiot named Summers Eve. On the plus side I have the ability to scare the crap out of people at will. [emoji23]

My husband is the same way. OKC police recently put out some info saying you can be ticketed for not using your blinker for 100' before switching lanes (like how do they even prove that?) and DH said he won't do it because then he'll never be able to get over.

I lot of Midwestern states are also ticketing for changing lanes to closely to the vehicle you are pulling in front of.

Back